information about coaches

idontknow43

11-man fan
im a junior in college and im getting my degree in coaching, but i was wondering how much is an average salary? and just some additional information bout coaching please and thank you!

I would strongly encourage you to get certified/highly qualified in a field other than Health/PE. If you are certified in a core subject such as: English/Language Arts, Science, Composite Social Studies, and Mathematics you are more marketable in the job market. Best wishes. Phil. 4:13

im not in it for the money, i was jw i want to coach. i coach little league and have a blast. i know it'll be way diffrent but ive been wanting to coach since i was 12, here i am 9 years later a junior in college, and im ready for it.

Also, you seem to be really stressing just coaching. Most schools require you to teach as well. Some of the larger 4A/5A schools head coaches are not required to teach, but all assistant coaches do.

What college is it you attend that offers a degree plan in merely "coaching"
Shouldn't you consider yourself a teacher. In light of Coach Wooden's passing might I suggest you look into his philosophy of the Teacher as Coach.

Post Script: Get certified in one of the high need areas! Math, science, spanish or special ed. And start using proper punctuation. I thought you were just a kid.

this is just a website, im not going to use the best puctuation on earth, lol i've also been thinking about special education. im 21 years old, but im going to Tarleton State University.

With the job market the way it is right now in teaching, I would opt for the Special Ed certification. I have 3 different certifications, have coached junior high, have life experience and still do not have a full time teaching job. I think it will be real tough to just get a coaching job with so many teachers and coaches hunting for jobs. Plus, you have to work the system and become known to the coaches and AD's.

Good luck with you search and make sure you have a lot of options available to you once you graduate. Work with your school's placement office to find a position.

Back