If you want a life changing experience...

I will echo that statement. It will challenge what you think about God, God's will and our role in it. I've read it twice and will read it again when basketball calms down.

I've recommended it to anyone i know and none have been disappointed.

If you get a chance to go to the movies...I would strongly recomend that you see "To Save a Life". It changed my life and how I few things. It deals with a lot of the problems that youth go through, but shows how God can work through and in your decisions. It talks about why do we do the "stuff" for God if it doesn't change our lives! Awesome movie!!

I love how God, Sarayu (The Holy Spirit) and Jesus all have an outgoing personality. The little that I've read the Bible, it doesn't really show a sense of humor in it. It's strictly business, which it has to be. I am just very fond of The Shack because it calmed my senses on everything. I, like many people, put so much stress on myself with thinking about all the expectations of God and his word. Paul Young did such a great job of putting things into detail. I cried at least three times and held back more tears during the process of reading it. I hope someday that somebody tries to make a movie of The Shack.

I haven't read a book that i didn't have to read for class since i graduated from hs. I think i might go buy this one though. Ive been told that it was good by several people and feel its time to start reading again.

I also like how the Trinity - which can be one of the hardest topics for Christians to understand, especially the Holy Spirit - is shown in that book. I think he does a great job of showing the personal side of God - we tend to forget that the God of All Creation wants a relationship with us, individually. That seems so unreal that sometimes we don't want to dare get close to God, and while it should be humbling, it should be encouraging also. I think it did a great job of showing how God is in control, even in bad times and struggles.

Tyler, if we are made in God's image, it means HE has to have a sense of humor. I have no doubt God will laugh with us in Heaven someday. I'm glad that book made some tough topics more personal and helped you understand that God who loves you better. I know it did for me, and I see something more each time I've read it. I am still stunned by the profound and yet simple truth that I realized in reading that book -- that God has no expectations of me. Expectations are what you have when you don't know the outcome of a situation - God knows the outcome of each choice I make, so I can't fall short of His expectations...He knew what I was going to do all along. He can be disappointed in my choices, but only because He knows I am capable of more if I can allow His Son to live through me. That hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I read "the Shack"

(I just had deja vu as I was reading this)

I'm trying to get my friend Corey to read the book so that he can have all of his questions answered. He, like many people, blame bad situations on God and what not. I've tried to explain to him but I am not as good at it as Paul Young is.

I love how God basically "calls out" -so to speak- about all the worldly emotions and corruption that infests our minds on a daily basis. For instance: relationships. Can you imagine how relationships would be if Adam never ate the fruit? Or if we just somehow got it through our thick heads that we don't have to have this hierarchy over another.
I despise the people that hold a higher judgment over the next. I despise how the majority of the people seem to think that they are better then the rest. I've always felt this way about people. That is why I never struggled with arrogance.

Coach A, what was your favorite part of the story?
My personal favorite was the part when Sarayu granted Mack the ability to see like They do. I broke down when he was told that the colorful soul that was being unorthodox was his father. I guess I carry a lot of hurt too from my past with my father, but what man doesn't?

:shock: Hey, what I'd do? It's not my fault your grannies five foot two. :cry: :p

Do we need to have a father-son day? I'll get down that direction during springbreak in March and I'll let you take me to Hooters. I suppose it's time I branch out a little :mrgreen: You've been trying to get me to go since the eighth grade. :lol:

Wow! Just got done with the book...Don't really know what to think about. I like the story, but i am a little skeptical about the message that it gives.

Back