How the west was won?

6manonly

11-man fan
So you have these teams in no order at all so dont get butt hurt.

BC
McLean
Balmoreah
Ira
Rankin
Whitedeer.

In my opinion any of these teams will win state against I believe Blum from the east!! So who can get there. Bc and McLean really have only beat Whitedeer this year. So I'd put Wd down the list. Balmoreah and Rankin both one loss as well. The only undefeated team out of the front runners is Bc so does that make them the favorite. Of course a Friday night on the turf is the only true way to know but it's fun to hash it out and ofcourse listen to the Homer's make unreasonable statements out of loyalty and pride.

Just for grins you might want to add Ira into that mix. They are undefeated. I don't think they will get to Arlington, but neither will four of the ones you just named.

Honestly this will come down to coaching. Every team mentioned has the athletes to go all the way. McLean, Balmoreah, and BC have the coaches to get a ring confidently I think. I actually think McLean is the weakest of the athletic pool mentioned. They are down with some injuries. But they also have the best RB in the state, no question. Crockett will score on anyone, any night. But Balmoreah showed they could limit him, even if it was briefly. I don’t know ANYTHING about Rankin. But they beat Balmoreah, and that is legit. This is a bit unfortunate for the West in my opinion. There’s probably 5 teams that could legitimately play at State and win, but only one can go. My money is on Balmoreah or McLean, but that is just opinion. BC or Rankin are just as good. I don’t think Ira or WD goes the distance but they are legitimate talents.

I watched GC and Balmoreah on Thursday. Balmoreah has some really good speed and are well coached. GC played well, the just had some key turnovers. Then, I watched Rankin and SC Friday.The game turned with about a minute left in the 1st half. SC was up by 8 points and inside the 10 yard line and Rankin held them. Then Rankin scored on the last play of the first half. This really turned the momentum. SC had tremendous speed, but both running backs got banged up. They were pretty small kids. Rankin has very good size and strength. They are very physical. Their top athlete is very physical with adequate speed. They also have an outstanding receiver. This region should be a lot of fun to watch with good teams, good kids, and good coaches!

I went to the Garden City vs Balmorhea game as well. It was my first West Texas 6-man game. The game was a great one. GC's five interceptions were just too much to overcome. It was only a 10 point deficit with 4 mins left in the 3rd. I was really impressed with Balmorhea's QB'S deep ball. Man he can throw a beautiful deep ball. If #15 gets a step whether by play action or the defense sleeping, it's over. He had two, pinpoint, in stride 30+ yard deep balls to #15 that were big turning points in the game.

I wish I could go to the Balmorhea vs Borden County game, but my Panthers will be playing Friday night. I will venture up to Gail on Thursday night and check out the Rankin vs Ropes game. I'm loving these turf fields y'all have out here. Wish we could have fields like this back home.

phimutau":2etdb4rn said:
I went to the Garden City vs Balmorhea game as well. It was my first West Texas 6-man game. The game was a great one. GC's five interceptions were just too much to overcome. It was only a 10 point deficit with 4 mins left in the 3rd. I was really impressed with Balmorhea's QB'S deep ball. Man he can throw a beautiful deep ball. If #15 gets a step whether by play action or the defense sleeping, it's over. He had two, pinpoint, in stride 30+ yard deep balls to #15 that were big turning points in the game.

I wish I could go to the Balmorhea vs Borden County game, but my Panthers will be playing Friday night. I will venture up to Gail on Thursday night and check out the Rankin vs Ropes game. I'm loving these turf fields y'all have out here. Wish we could have fields like this back home.

I think Rankin is going to demolish Ropes, sending them to roundball and 11man next year.(Unless they are able to play an outlaw schedule)
Rankin is my pick from the West. They have all the tools to win the championship but....there's still some powerhouses from the west they have to get by.

Shad Kline":2bodet0m said:
It truly is amazing how this year and 2015 are so much alike. Different teams, well some of em anyway, but eerily similar.
Agreed 2015 was a deep bracket, much to watch and tons of fun to play in.

So now I have been able to see Balmorhea and Rankin for my first two West Texas games. I can totally see what all the hype is about. They both have stellar QB play, among other things. Very impressed by each QB and how well they throw the deep ball. #11 on Rankin seemed like a field general directing his troops. Looks like he has complete control. Very impressed by his play action fakes and accuracy on his throws.

Sure wish there was a public domain to watch game film on all the teams. Why does it have to be so secretive and guarded? We the fans are missing out!!

phimutau":14xlvi56 said:
So now I have been able to see Balmorhea and Rankin for my first two West Texas games. I can totally see what all the hype is about. They both have stellar QB play, among other things. Very impressed by each QB and how well they throw the deep ball. #11 on Rankin seemed like a field general directing his troops. Looks like he has complete control. Very impressed by his play action fakes and accuracy on his throws.

Sure wish there was a public domain to watch game film on all the teams. Why does it have to be so secretive and guarded? We the fans are missing out!!
http://sixmania.com/videos/archived-videos/

Looks like Borden just made a statement tonight. I gotta say, those boys are primed & ready for another State title. I said it in another thread, everyone is sleeping on them... I don't think anyone is now lol

Back