Hornet pride

This is the best I've seen them play in a while, it was awesome to have the players from 1961 there last night, u could see how proud they were. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this is not your mom and pops Rochelle Hornets! Way to go boys keep it up, you have the entire community behind you.

Really great game Hornets!! Things are going our way because we are doing things right. You guys deserve all the positive attention you are getting.

Those 1961 Hornets were members of the last District championship football team Rochelle has had. Maybe this year we will break that unfortunate 50 year streak.

These Hornets accomplishments have caught my eye. I'm a '57 grad of a team in this district (Evant),
that hasn't won a district championship since 1954. They did make the playoffs in 2004 as a runner-up.
I'll be pulling for Evant, but I'm going to jump on y'all's bandwagon. I think y'all have a great chance of
breaking that drought. Best wishes against Water Valley, then Prairie Lea and Lometa in district.

Thanks, I'm a pushover for small town feel good events.
Oh, and there was another thread about newspaper coverage for six man football,
get the press involved, especially when y'all play Lometa for the district championship.
Call around and tell them it's the first time in 50 years.
We were 11 man at the time, but when we just went to the playoffs for the first time
in 50 years, Waco and Ft. Worth sent reporters and did pre game and game stories and
the Star Telegram even had a series of pictures. We felt like we had hit the big time.
Got to play the defending state champs in the first round and got killed, but people were
as happy as if they had good sense.

Back