Home grown kids

pacman

11-man fan
For years the topic of transfers and foster kids have been nonstop. I just wanted to say to all the schools that have true home grown kids that you have my full respect and admiration. If you are a transfer because your family moved into the school district because of a job you can't really say much. More power to that team. Nothing wrong with that in my book. Now if you go to school in one school district and live in another well that's just wrong. Weather it's legal or not it just looks bad. I don't know much about all the foster kids but I hear there are a lot of schools with this type of home. In my opinion, there should be some sort of rule about playing UIL in this type of situation. I don't think it's right but it is legal. And, I will support the rules. I'm just glad that I don't make the rules. I do not think it's fare or right for a team to have kids from 5 different schools districts on thier team and play a team who's kids can all walk to school because they lived there all their lives. You teams and coaches that have won championships in past years because of this reason should be ashamed and embarrassed. It may be legal and within the rules but it's not right. I really don't care if you agree with me or not. To all you teams with true home grown kids, keep up the good work. There are people out there that notice and support you. Thank you. You are Champions in my book.

For years the topic of transfers and foster kids have been nonstop.

Do transfers and foster kids exist? I'm guessing they do.
Is there circumstances that make this a good thing? I'm guessing there is. Some kids are truly in need of a better situation.
Is there circumstances that make this a bad thing? I'm sure there is. Cheating is a human trait.

Are transfers and foster kids as bad as you attempt to lead people to believe with this post? I have no idea, but I would guess no.
But if you could put in some valid research and shed some factual numbers on this. I believe you too could be a true champion.

As for me, until someone can prove this years long debate is a real problem, I will continue to believe it is simply a way to make your self and your kids (team) feel better about getting beat or not as good as another team. Another human trait.

I went to 3 schools in 4 years of high school, and live just outside of one of those towns all 4 years. My freshman year I went to Santa Anna at the time it was 11-Man. The next year I would drive to Novice as my mother got a job with the Novice school. The summer before my senior year my mother changed jobs and I went to Zephyr. I wanted to play 6-Man and Santa Anna was still 11-Man. What made it work was my mom’s aging mother and father lived and ran a store in Zephyr. When I was not at school or practice I was helping them. Granddad was not in the best of health and their store and ranch was becoming a lot of work for them.

Most (about 99%) of the non-home grown kids that I have known over the years have stories that are much more heartbreaking than mine. It is not hard to jump the gun, but I would talk to the people in the know before calling out kids and those that are coaching them. Don’t call out all of them because there might be that 1% out there!

there are rules regarding transfer students...transfers cant play unless they have been attending for at least one year...

Or are transferring from a school that is failing state standards academically and apply for and are granted a waiver to play...happened when I was in school...waivers were granted for 2 kids who were seniors that transferred from Novice.

mmom#3":3ctwlrr2 said:
there are rules regarding transfer students...transfers cant play unless they have been attending for at least one year...

Unless you get a waiver, which does happen ...

Blue Bird
6-Man Fan

Re: Home grown kids
There always seems to be exceptions to most rules!

That's the problem they have those exceptions. And you have people who cheat by playing players the know they shouldn't administration that looks the other way. And /or intentional does not turn in the right count They fit right in with the lawyers and politicians we have today.

Back