Historical Perspective - Where Does McLean & Strawn Stand

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
I think without a doubt the two best teams in State won State Titles

Strawn gets their 4th title, and go back to back in DII.

McLean gets their first ever title, finishing as the only undefeated team having beaten all 3 other state finalist teams at some point in the season!

Strawn's shutout of Follett is only the 2nd ever in a state game!

McLean's RB Ben Crockett broke a record that was set in 1985 with 9 rushing TDs!

So where do these teams stand in the pantheon of great six-man football teams! Namely McLean, since they finished undefeated and beat Strawn???

I think in the past 10 years McLean is one of the strongest teams I've seen. I think of the 2016-17 Borden County teams and the 2014 Crowell team and wonder how McLean would matchup with those teams!

I open that up for debate... what do yall think?

How would 2018 Strawn fair against Walker Tippie and the 2016 Richland Spring Coyotes???

Every win was by 30 plus never lost a lead in any game and beat every top program in the State. No way to tell who could beat who without playing but. I agree that they were one of the best if not the best in last 10 years..

tdog5344":oz4llq44 said:
Every win was by 30 plus never lost a lead in any game and beat every top program in the State. No way to tell who could beat who without playing but. I agree that they were one of the best if not the best in last 10 years..
McLean very disciplined, active and motivated. Well coached. What else could one want?

Back