HICO SUPER SATURDAY

BigCzech

Six-man fan
Well, just about 24 hours to go! Who is ready? I know I am.

What game interst you the most?

What game will be the closest and why?

Last but not least,and maybe the most important question,
Do you have your Pie order in at the Koffee Kup already?

looks like it will only be 90 degrees - am planning on bringing a parka and some gloves so I don't freeze in this cold weather! ;-)

D1 #6 Abbott vs Milford D2 #3

looks like the game of the day.

D1 #11 Gorman vs Mt Calm D2 #8 also looks good.

last couple of years there has been too many 45s. am hoping to see some good ball tomorrow.

and yes, the Koffee Kup's pie is the whole reason we go! we're not buying a whole pie (it'd melt during the games) but we will eat pie with breakfast!!!!!

I'm looking forward to a grilled burger under the oak.
Regarding the lower temp's this year, with high humidity it will feel 3-4 degrees warmer but if you stay hydrated you will sweat if you just clap a bit. Might want to bring a sweat rag.
But do stay hydrated, for your own good.

The game that interest me the most tomorrow is the the Blum / Strawn game. I am interested in how Blum has adapted to a new system and new coach. I think it will be a great fit. This I believe will be a good smashmouth game. I am taking Blum by 10.

Mexican Englishman":2dozwtph said:
The game that interest me the most tomorrow is the the Blum / Strawn game. I am interested in how Blum has adapted to a new system and new coach. I think it will be a great fit. This I believe will be a good smashmouth game. I am taking Blum by 10.

Me too. Naturally as a Greyhound fan. All I know of Blum is DCTF. New Coach after a really good season last year. Lost a good bit to graduation. Good SB. Still solid. Not living there anymore about all I know of the Hound's is they are still young and are well Coached. The Freshmen and Sophomores thrown into mostly DI varsity games last year have grown some in that year and learned from it. I think they may have some speed.
I know they will know how to block and tackle.

Reporting live ... Bryson all over Walnut Springs in the first half. Ugly for the Hornets on both sides of the ball. 37-0. Halftime.

It's also very very warm (reports of a cooler day totally wrong) and they are blaring Rick Springfield at us from the press box, so there is that.

The Abott war machine has rolled into the north end zone as we are 45 min from kickoff. they are blaring "don't dear the reaper" while the press box is blasting Kansas "carry on my wayward son". It's a mess of tangled guitar licks and screaming lyrics. Kinda weird.

Sounds like the carnival that Hico is. If they would just put in a midway with a few rides for the smaller kids. Maybe put the Hico tiger on display in a cage. Wish I was there. Just got up from layng on the floor on my back. About to log on to the Abbott - Milford game.

A shocker in progress? Milford 29, Abbott 0 at the half. The announcer briefly mentioned something about injuries but not who. Abbott I guess?.
I heard it was raining in Strawn an hour ago. Sprinkles and thunder just outside Stephenville. Could be heading that way.

Halftime. 29-0 Milford. But it's closer than it seems. M got two fumbles returned for TD's. #24 for Milford is a beast and cannot be stopped on defense. Abbott struggling offensively. They prolly don't have five first downs.

I watched the Abbott RS scrimmage, seems to me they are playing a lot like that could not get anything going. But I think they will be ok especially if you look back at what they did last year.

It's early for everybody. But right now I'd sure rather be in the Bulldog locker room. I'm sure Abott is getting an ear full. Just not sharp execution

Get the "I saw the upset coming" band wagon ready. Abbott did score in the third but Mikford answers early in fourth. 35-8. 9:45 left. If Abbitt wants this they need to get busy quickly.

Six man ball can change in a hurry. Early second quarter and it's been mainly Strawn. Up 8-6 and on the 6 ready to score they throw a lil flare ... And it's picked. Taken to the house for a Blum 14-8 lead.

Strawn looking very good. Consistent offense and a swarming d that turns the ball over for a fumble in the endzone and score. 24-14. 6;45 in the second

40-14 Strawn with 31 sec in the half. The Greyhounds look great. Blum needs to find something in the locker room or we won't make the fourth quarter.

Back