heres my pickem

edbassmaster1

11-man fan
milford bulldogs vs calvert trojans.. is milford healthy or are they missing a few keys to the game? could be a good one or a track meet im gonna pick milford in this one in a fourth quarter shootout over the trojans.. i think milford at full strength is gonna be tough..

leakey vs evant.. leakey has only give up six yes six points so far this season.. do the elks have what it takes to slow down leakey? leakey in the third ends this one early

mt calm vs walnut springs.. can mtcalm put all it together and take a w this week? 0-6 vs 1-6 thhis game comes down to who wants it more.. mt calm in the end in this one

jonesboro vs iredell.. the dragons thumped the eagles last year 52-20.. jonesboro remembers that taste from last year and ends it at the half this year.. fly eagles fly

ogelsby vs gustine.. lackluster is key here im going with gustine here just for the simple fact i dont like and never have liked ogelsby.

I am seeing a different schedule on the fox sports app for Leakey. Shows they play Medina in the last district game of the season and beat Crowell 42-12 in week 2, I believe.

So that would be 18 total points allowed, but to be honest, and no disrespect intended at all, but who has Leakey really played this year? For them to be as good as everyone keeps saying they are, you'd expect some of those games to be much much higher than just 46 points.

I haven't seen them in person so this is all based on what the numbers show. But I dont see it.

The coach controls that prolly . He prolly could have thrown up 20 more . Why beat a team by 60 or 70 ? That’s just causes them to never play you again . Just my 2 cents could be anything I have never seen them or even heard of them until 2 years ago

Goonesfarm":3jwz5ukp said:
I am seeing a different schedule on the fox sports app for Leakey. Shows they play Medina in the last district game of the season and beat Crowell 42-12 in week 2, I believe.

So that would be 18 total points allowed, but to be honest, and no disrespect intended at all, but who has Leakey really played this year? For them to be as good as everyone keeps saying they are, you'd expect some of those games to be much much higher than just 46 points.

I haven't seen them in person so this is all based on what the numbers show. But I dont see it.

They've got last year, 1st in sixman, a good run into the play off's (QF?), didn't loose a lot. Then they have BE now. No idea why the former coach left. BE's been there before as a HC and won rings as an assistant.

I.E. a talented, playoff experienced, well coached team. Though your right, not much of a challenging schedule through the season. They should be dominating now if they want to dance.

Goonesfarm":1z8kzp6t said:

I believe that you are mistaken about the schedule for Leakey. Crowell played Petersburg week 2.

Johnny South":3btl6jk0 said:
Goonesfarm":3btl6jk0 said:

I believe that you are mistaken about the schedule for Leakey. Crowell played Petersburg week 2.

He may have been looking at lonestarfootball.net. It show's Crowell week 2. Then it shows Paint Rock on 8/30, SA Castle Hills on 9/20, Medina on 11/8 (not a typo) all loosing to Leaky 46-0. They are 3-0 there.

Here are Leakey's schedule and results
Week
1 Leakey 46 Paint Rock 0
2 Leakey 46 Medina 0
3 Leakey 46 SA Lutheran 0
4 Leakey 46 SA Castle Hills 0
5 Leakey 1 Kerrville Our Lady of the Hills 0 (forfeit)
6 Leakey 52 Eden 6
7 Leakey at Evant
8 Leakey BYE
9 Leakey at Nueces Canyon *
10 Leakey vs Prairie Lea *
11 Leakey vs Medina *
* district game
http://leakeyisd.net/files/user/2/file/ ... duler3.pdf
They play Medina twice

51eleven":2fpfcx07 said:
Goonesfarm":2fpfcx07 said:

They've got last year, 1st in sixman, a good run into the play off's (QF?), didn't loose a lot. Then they have BE now. No idea why the former coach left. BE's been there before as a HC and won rings as an assistant.

I.E. a talented, playoff experienced, well coached team. Though your right, not much of a challenging schedule through the season. They should be dominating now if they want to dance.
Shannon Williams is still HC. BE is an assistant.

CowboyP":212k7mag said:
51eleven":212k7mag said:
Goonesfarm":212k7mag said:

Shannon Williams is still HC. BE is an assistant.

Oop's. Stubbed my toe again. As you and BE well know I've done before.

No one has mentioned Strawn at May or Blanket at Brooksmith. Both should be good games and that Blanket and Brookesmith game will very likely have a district title riding on the game. (And the avoidance of RS in the first round of the playoffs.) A lot riding on that game.

edbassmaster1":1a2lyg9c said:
milford bulldogs vs calvert trojans.. is milford healthy or are they missing a few keys to the game? could be a good one or a track meet im gonna pick milford in this one in a fourth quarter shootout over the trojans.. i think milford at full strength is gonna be tough..

leakey vs evant.. leakey has only give up six yes six points so far this season.. do the elks have what it takes to slow down leakey? leakey in the third ends this one early

mt calm vs walnut springs.. can mtcalm put all it together and take a w this week? 0-6 vs 1-6 thhis game comes down to who wants it more.. mt calm in the end in this one

jonesboro vs iredell.. the dragons thumped the eagles last year 52-20.. jonesboro remembers that taste from last year and ends it at the half this year.. fly eagles fly

ogelsby vs gustine.. lackluster is key here im going with gustine here just for the simple fact i dont like and never have liked ogelsby.

Just to update you on the Milford injury situation, we will not be at full strength again tonight, a couple of starters dealing with injuries that could keep them out of tonight’s game or limit them.

Back