Here come the owls

If that is what the schedule was for then Kudos to getting that schedule together. It is good for them to win some games but I dont think it will last they are surely benefiting from the lack of talent against the teams they play. Blum and Aquilla are the only two teams worth a darn left on their whole schedule Bynum played well against Aquilla but not that good still and the district is awful outside of Blum and Aquilla.

Wow BigFan 1377...

You just actually kicked Covington in the scrotum......
Talk about calling the kettle black.

So what your'e actually saying is Covington is AWFUL and they are winning due to a VERY BAD/WEAK schedule

CowboyP":1y5gj302 said:
Re: Here come the owls
by CowboyP » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:35 pm

No disrespect intended, but Covington has low ranked teams on the schedule. It was set up with the hope of building confidence in the players.

JUST MAYBE....the coach that made the schedule probably made it because he wasn't that good of a coach....

Wouldnt say they are terrible you still have to win the games you have, and they are doing that so that is awesome and a congrats is deserved. Im just looking at the teams that they beat and that they lost to the only team that wasnt ranked in the bottom 1/3rd of the rankings but hey I think they will have a good year until they go to Blum and come to Aquilla.

Easy big fan aquilla man and Kramer Blum fan upsets always happen and them owls are due for some wins a reputation is easier to build Than to live up to

Easy big fan aquilla man and Kramer Blum fan upsets always happen and them owls are due for some wins a reputation is easier to build Than to live up to

Enjoy you brief win streak. It comes to a CRASHING hault Vs. Bynum
Then it turns into a TRAIN WRECK Vs. Blum.
Your next 2 opponents...
Then the TRAIN burns Vs. Aquilla

Hopefully after these defeats, You Owl fans won't be like Malaysia flight MH370.

but 5 - 5 or 6 - 4 ain't bad for the screech, barn, barred, eagle, elf, Great Gray, Great horned, Western Screech, Spotted, Spectacled, Snowy, Short-eared, Saw-whet, Northern hawk,or Long-eared OWLS...

What ever type of OWL Covington claims to be?

A win is a win which is more than I could give them when I played. We never had the coaching they do know. In my opinion the coach is a genious for scheduling low ranking teams. Because he will change the "we're gonna lose anways, so why try" mindset of these freshman and sophmores. I know the kids comin up from that junior high as well and they will grow up winning that way and they will aspire to do so as well in high school. And to coach Ware you keep doin what you're doin man. Keep pushin em and letd get some upsets happening. I'm glad someone is finally bringin wins to my school! And btw its a horned owl. ;)

tylerking12
I may be wrong but I believe the previous coach (last year) made the schedule. The new coach just happened to be the once having to play the schedule.
Last year was realignment year and I'm sure the schedule was done as soon as realignment came out in February.

I don't know how the schedule is, but some will say it's weaker, but you guys will be ok in the future years if your coach stays put.
As long as your #10 can stay healthy, you guys will be solid in the up-coming years.

Back