HEB Book on Texas High School Football

Knowmystuff

11-man fan
I had never heard of this publication that was printed in 2006...the begining of the book (160 pages) is a very nice photo section...the first very large color photo...an action shot of the 2000 Six-Man State Game (Highland v Panther Creek)! One of the articles is on Fort Hancock's 70 game win streak...

Also an article on Willie Nelson playing for Abbott (11-man at the time), One on Jack Pardee and six-man football (by Rick Smith of San Angelo Standard Times fame), and on taken from Time Magazine in 1962 about Pflugerville's Football program from 1957-present('62) (doesn't mention them playing six-man but a cool article), article on Ken Hall (cool read), a good one on Gordon Wood, and has some other good articles...

westexasflats":22sw1d7l said:
P-ville was class B 11 man in the 60s
That was the 57??? Game Win streak

Their win streak spanned 8 man and 11 man. They went from a 2 time regional 8 man champ (59, 60) champ then 2 time regional champ in 11 man class B (60, 61). Holland snapped it in 1962 in a bi-district game.

The article says..."Sinec 1958 they have scored 2,073 points to the opposition's 223..." article was published 10-26-1962. The win streak was 55 games and started in 1957

I refuse to buy this book. The guy that published it, Mike Bynum owes me about $700 (hell, he may even owe me more). He owes lots of other writers across Texas a bunch of money. I have actually confronted Mike in person and he promised payment, but of course none came. It was essentially a pyramid scheme. He would use proceeds from one book to pay the past people he owed. He's the same guy that did King Football..... whenever I did get him, the check was always in the mail.

Dang...didn't realize it was the same guy...well I got mine on resell off of ebay for $9.99 and it came from Pennsylvania...so need not worry I doubt Bynum will get 1 cent from the sell!

Back