Happy vs. Valley

Just.some.guy

11-man fan
Happy is more of a dual threat this year than they have ever been. They have been trending this way and now they have enough depth to rotate and keep receivers fresh. The running game is still elite. Happy still has questions to be answered on defense. I think their defense is serviceable but in their one game they gave up more than 70 points, granted it was against RS, but the question still remains.

Valley looked very impressive at jayton against sterling city. Their spread formations paired with great athleticism at all six positions makes any defense respect the pass and the run on every possession. They replaced their graduated seniors nicely.

On paper, this game seems like a high scoring affair... which does not bode well for the patriots considering how explosive the cowboys offense looked against Richland. I trust that valley is well prepared. They must come in with a great defensive game plan and stick to it if they want to have a chance to win.

I am also excited to see what two weeks of preparation and rest looks like on the cowboys. I am sure they didn't spend it patting themselves on the back. I expect the same well oiled machine to put up points at will on the offensive side along with several stops on defense and I do not see the patriots being able to hang with them.

Valley had a rough first half but outplayed and outscored happy the second half. Down 40 at half. Valley played their hearts out. Could have been 45ed right after half but held them and came back within 20 and in the red zone to cut it to 12 but didn't get in. Very good game by both teams. Both will be playing come December.

Back