Happy Freezin New Year Y'all.

51eleven

Six-man expert
I know many further North and West will have it worse but it's 29 now in my neck of the woods (over the hill from Stephenville) but it's not supposed to get above freezing until sometime Wednesday. Have I really been transported to say Follett? Freezing drizzle now, freezing rain maybe tomorrow, could be up to 1/2 inch and here for the duration. Worse than snow. The part that really worries me is that 15, 15, 17 starting tomorrow night. Last time I had a pipe bust, through inattention on my part was when it got down to 12 a few years back. 15's too close, over a multiple day period. I re wrapped a couple of out door pipes yesterday. I'll leave the faucets dripping. Chili meat in the freezer. A meaningless Cowboys game tomorrow. College ball I don't really care about Monday but something to watch. Thinking of re reading a couple of old Lamour/Kelton westerns. Might re watch some Longmire. Grandkids went home today. Anticipating cabin fever by Wednesday. A night early, Happy New Year everyone. Stay warm.

We just drove in from the Metromess and was in light mist and fog all the way. When we hit 16 off I-20 happened to glance at temp and it read 27. Stopped in Comanche and there was ice on front grill. Glad to be home............

Happy New Year to all you crotchety old farts. I don’t know what it’s like today, but the highway between Eden and San Angelo was pretty slick about 3:00 yesterday afternoon. Looked like one guy got a little upside down just south of Vancourt.

oldfat&bald":7ptxbyrr said:
Happy New Year to all you crotchety old farts. I don’t know what it’s like today, but the highway between Eden and San Angelo was pretty slick about 3:00 yesterday afternoon. Looked like one guy got a little upside down just south of Vancourt.
You were close, by Texas standards, to me..............shoulda stopped by for some beans..........

We were driving in from Colorado and got to Abilene at 10 last night. The roads were real icy around there and the storm had been tracking sleet from that path all the way home, so we stopped for the night. Finished the drive this am. Abilene was bad, but once you got out of town, the roads were fine.

smokeyjoe53":26ks7cxn said:
oldfat&bald":26ks7cxn said:
You were close, by Texas standards, to me..............shoulda stopped by for some beans..........

You counted the beans and stopped at 239... Reminds me of the first (contrived) gas shortage in the 70's and the bumper sticker from it "Eat More Beans, America Needs the Gas".

granger":1t20erjp said:
We were driving in from Colorado and got to Abilene at 10 last night. The roads were real icy around there and the storm had been tracking sleet from that path all the way home, so we stopped for the night. Finished the drive this am. Abilene was bad, but once you got out of town, the roads were fine.

In a MSN article this morning about dangerous or Bitter cold from the Rockies to east coast and south Texas to Canada they were quoting the Abilene (TX) police chief about how many wrecks the had because of the ice. Then on the radio this afternoon I heard something about a Granbury woman being killed in an ice related wreck there.
Snow skiing in Colorado?

Back