Guthrie vs WCS

SeeingStars

11-man fan
41-26 Guthrie

Tough loss but a great game. Guthrie's size just wore us down. At one point we are up by 2 TD's but you gotta play 4 quarters. A very, very physical game. I will say this, the Guthrie fans were some of the clasiest and nicest folks I have met in a long time. A wonderful facility with some great folks! Good luck Guthrie. A good game Stars, lets learn from it and get ready for district!

As a former student, player and resident of Guthrie, I thank you for your kind words.

As a father and supporter of the school you will meet later in district play, I applaud your sense of sportsmanship.

Good luck to you in the rest of the season!

Jacksson...we are excitied about district as I know you guys are also. No disrespect towards Plainview but I think it is safe to say it will be between our two schools for district. As far as Guthrie...it was an awesome expreiance to play a team with the tradition that Guthrie has. We gave them all they wanted that was for sure...a lot of limping, hurting, sore boys on both sides of the ball last night following the game. I asked one of the fans from Guthrie how they grew their boys so big and he replied "Rattlesnake Chillie and Hard Work!" It was a great night...just wish our boys would have come out on top, but compared to kast years team we are just thrilled to be 2-2 going into district with our 2 losses to UIL teams who both will more than likely make the playoffs. Good luck to you guys and we wil see you in a couple of weeks. Look us up if you can...My sons are #1 and #84....both freshman

SeeingStars":2ivwhrtt said:
Jacksson...we are excitied about district as I know you guys are also. No disrespect towards Plainview but I think it is safe to say it will be between our two schools for district. As far as Guthrie...it was an awesome expreiance to play a team with the tradition that Guthrie has. We gave them all they wanted that was for sure...a lot of limping, hurting, sore boys on both sides of the ball last night following the game. I asked one of the fans from Guthrie how they grew their boys so big and he replied "Rattlesnake Chillie and Hard Work!" It was a great night...just wish our boys would have come out on top, but compared to kast years team we are just thrilled to be 2-2 going into district with our 2 losses to UIL teams who both will more than likely make the playoffs. Good luck to you guys and we wil see you in a couple of weeks. Look us up if you can...My sons are #1 and #84....both freshman

"No disrespect...." As a player at Plainview, I do take that slightly offensive. Quite frankly that is like a slap in the face. True we dont have a good record right now, but when you look at our schedule so far and battling low numbers and injuries.. We are doing the best we can. You could have kept that little sentence to yourself, because players do use and read these forums and its not fun to see your high school getting bashed on the internet. I seem to recall you posting a message about respect, and how teams like yours and mine don't get it. You want respect, but then you disrespect someone else's team?

I guess all there is left to say is, see you friday.

^I understand where you're coming from. But I think Stars was just thinking realistically...I mean, Plainview has scored a total of 24 points across 4 games. If someone wants to analyze a District and the teams that may come out on top, it would be unrealistic to say that Plainview would make top 2, at this point.

Trust me, people have been much much ruder. :p

If this bothers you, just dont read the forums. Half our team at Rockwall Heritage last year never even visited sixmanfootball.com (except me, because I was too curious not to...lol) so most of the time we never knew what people were saying about us, and no one cared.

Oh yea I understand about being realistic but at the same time that comment was unnecessary. I should actually thank him because I sent this link to everyone on the football team and wow.. I think it lit a fire under my teamates rear ends... Not a very happy group a guys let me tell ya haha. This week we are gonna work extra hard to prepare and try and get this offense lined out so we can score more than 8 points haha. Honestly, since I am a senior, I realize that down the road I wont remember who won or lost a certain game, but I will remember if I had fun or not. I am not gonna let it get to me so bad that I turn football into a mission/job and have it lose its fun. What is the point in playing if its no fun right?

Spectre - I certainly meant no disrespect towards your team personally. My comment was a comment made in general at best. Settle down, play football and have fun. Don't worry about what old men say on boards like this one. At the end of the day my comments are nothing more than an opinion, what counts is what you boys do on the field. However, this is an opinion forum...and if we are to hold our opinion because we think it might offend someone from another team then we might as well shut this board down. When I said "No disrespect" that is exactly what I meant...it means that I respect EVERY school and player in our district and the teams we play. I will assure you my boys respect you and your team. However, as a Christian, if you were offended, I am obligated to apologize to you and I certainly do. My advise to you is just play ball and don't worry about what others say or think. Our team has been underdogs in every game we have played this year except one...in the end it does not matter. Good luck this week and the remainder of the season.

Back