Guaranteed 2023 Snake Oil Predictions

Texlonghorn75

Six-man expert
Looking at Mike's fearless predictions I would like to mention that Westbrook definitely has their work cut out for them. Another tough schedule but I like either Abbott or Gordon winning the D1 trophy this year. It appears that six man football might be getting closer to a low level of parity where any of the top ten teams could win it all instead of just the top two or three teams of the past fifteen to twenty years. In D2 I like Newcastle winning it all. Benjamin has the hype but not the numbers in my opinion. Loraine has eight seniors returning so it might be their year, at any rate Benjamin and Loraine tee it up September 29. Get the popcorn ready for that game. Balmorhea and Jayton are patiently waiting their turn if the ball bounces the wrong direction.

Looking at Mike's fearless predictions I would like to mention that Westbrook definitely has their work cut out for them. Another tough schedule but I like either Abbott or Gordon winning the D1 trophy this year. It appears that six man football might be getting closer to a low level of parity where any of the top ten teams could win it all instead of just the top two or three teams of the past fifteen to twenty years. In D2 I like Newcastle winning it all. Benjamin has the hype but not the numbers in my opinion. Loraine has eight seniors returning so it might be their year, at any rate Benjamin and Loraine tee it up September 29. Get the popcorn ready for that game. Balmorhea and Jayton are patiently waiting their turn if the ball bounces the wrong direction.

I like this, for sure. I noticed that a few others had Newcastle highly ranked this year too but when I was looking at them, based on last year's results, I just couldn't pull them up very high. I hope they prove me wrong, because I love an underdog.

Love it! Every year Westbrook has been over looked in the end and is worked out very well for us. We come back loaded with tons of kids coming back that could have started for several teams that had to sit behind some great kids. We are ready for what ever challenge comes the boys way. With 14 seniors and 11 juniors We return loads of talent and experience. Good luck to everyone this year on a healthy season. Love this time of year

Love it! Every year Westbrook has been over looked in the end and is worked out very well for us. We come back loaded with tons of kids coming back that could have started for several teams that had to sit behind some great kids. We are ready for what ever challenge comes the boys way. With 14 seniors and 11 juniors We return loads of talent and experience. Good luck to everyone this year on a healthy season. Love this time of year
I don't think Westbrook has been overlooked at all. That's all anyone talked about last year. Y'all are ranked number one again this year, how is that over looked? I think the main question everyone is wondering is who will fill Cedric Ware's role, and can y'all handle the target on your backs because that's everyone's ultimate goal this year, come out on top of Westbrook at some point in the playoffs. If a team can do that, they'll probably win it all.

I don't think Westbrook has been overlooked at all. That's all anyone talked about last year. Y'all are ranked number one again this year, how is that over looked? I think the main question everyone is wondering is who will fill Cedric Ware's role, and can y'all handle the target on your backs because that's everyone's ultimate goal this year, come out on top of Westbrook at some point in the playoffs. If a team can do that, they'll probably win it all.
Ware will be missed no doubt. But WB proved in the state game that he was not their only weapon. 31 showed off his arm, and 3 showed off his wheels. WB brings back speed and strength.

Defense - Dominguez will be missed but they will have kids to fill that position.

WB will be scary good again.

Ware will be missed no doubt. But WB proved in the state game that he was not their only weapon. 31 showed off his arm, and 3 showed off his wheels. WB brings back speed and strength.

Defense - Dominguez will be missed but they will have kids to fill that position.

WB will be scary good again.
I don't doubt the talent is there, but a true leader is hard to replace. Especially one of that caliber who has helped create the hype and culture around what Westbrook has become in 6man. No doubt other players were leaders as well, but you could just tell Cedric was one of those humble leaders who led by example and everyone wanted to follow.

I don't doubt the talent is there, but a true leader is hard to replace. Especially one of that caliber who has helped create the hype and culture around what Westbrook has become in 6man. No doubt other players were leaders as well, but you could just tell Cedric was one of those humble leaders who led by example and everyone wanted to follow.
He sure was and you can never replace that, we had to play 5 games without him last year and most of another. He led by example and passed that on for sure. Kids are better just from playing with those seniors last year.

No doubt Ware was all that and more. Here’s the thing, he learned that from someone. Yes some have those qualities more than others but the fine tuning came from and I’m guessing but feel pretty good about it, his Parents his community and most definitely his Coaches. WB has created something special and Ware will forever be a huge part in that but make no mistake about it that leadership will be passed down. It’s in WB’s DNA now. Seeing pics of WB kids cheering for our kids at state track meet this year is my proof in the pudding.
PS. It was a catch….if you know you know. Lol

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

No doubt Ware was all that and more. Here’s the thing, he learned that from someone. Yes some have those qualities more than others but the fine tuning came from and I’m guessing but feel pretty good about it, his Parents his community and most definitely his Coaches. WB has created something special and Ware will forever be a huge part in that but make no mistake about it that leadership will be passed down. It’s in WB’s DNA now. Seeing pics of WB kids cheering for our kids at state track meet this year is my proof in the pudding.
lol it was for a brief second until Big Jim threw the hammer down lol. One of the all time great games. And yes our boys love the may kids they are very close With the Steele boy.

Back