Groom boys basketball coach needed

CoyoteHoops

Six-man fan
Groom ISD is looking for a coach that is passionate about basketball. We offer well above average facilities, the gym is two years old. We return four starters off a payoff team that with the right coach that could be very competitive. We offer either a school house or a housing spend. The pay is in line with most six man schools, but we pay coaching stipends based on the sports you coach. Besides basketball, cross country and track would be potential assignments. Certification needs to be social studies and a CDL or the ability to get one. Please forward your resume to [email protected] if you have questions call 806-930-1705

I am interested in learning more about this job. I am currently an out of state teacher and coach with 21 years of varsity boys' basketball head coaching experience in both larger schools and smaller, rural type schools. I also coached 2 years of college basketball serving as a graduate assistant at a solid D-2 program. I am fully certified in Health and PE K-12, English 6-12 and I also have my L-5, tier II school leadership certification. I possess a B.S. degree in English/Secondary Education and a M.Ed. degree in Educational Administration/Supervision. I played both high school and college basketball in my home state of Indiana. I am a true "basketball junkie" and I believe that teaching and coaching boils down to explanation, demonstration, repetition and correction and that prior preparation prevents poor performance...I am also intrigued by these "athletic periods" in the state of TX during the day because we do not have them in the state that I am currently teaching and coaching in. I would like to learn how these AP's work, what you are allowed to do in these class periods, etc. If my information here is of interest to you or any school in TX, please respond back asap and I will follow up with you. Thank you for your time and consideration...

Back