Granger's Toy Works How?

Texlonghorn75

Six-man expert
Just trying to figure how Granger's rating system works depending on the Won/Lost records of the respective teams? I know this topic is brought up many times but the Toy defies logic at best. For example: Strawn, a D2 team plays and beats Bryson, a D1 team, by a margin of 44 to 16 yet Strawn drops by 13 points and Bryson jumps 11 points from last week's ratings? Meanwhile, Motley County(D2), which was rated just below Strawn in last week's ratings, beats Spur(D1) 62 to 28 but Motley County jumps 16 points? I know the Toy looks at the competition but that was Spur's first game and Bryson's third game. Richland Springs, on the virtue of Throckmorton having a wet football field, doesn't play a game and moves up a mere 0.4 points? Why any movement if they didn't play? So Bryson jumps several points in defeat while Strawn drops because they won? Motley County jumps in ratings when they won as a rational person might expect. I know it is early in the season but some of the rating movements are strange at best. Does someone need to hit the reset button? PS What happened to Prickly Pear??

Texlonghorn75":2cvgfrf8 said:
Richland Springs, on the virtue of Throckmorton having a wet football field, doesn't play a game and moves up a mere 0.4 points? Why any movement if they didn't play?

Tex, we both know that was all a JB-led conspiracy! Is Granger in on it!?!?!?!?

Not only does Richland not want to play good teams in the regular season, as you have pointed out so eloquently, but JB, while you were distracted with the rain, has started cloning players since you are onto him about recruiting. Expect a Tyler Ethridge, both Burkhart boys, D. Reeves, and Big Rig clone wearing a Coyote jersey very soon!

Well, well, well. Ask and yeeee shall receive! I been hibernating with the corona going around. All 17 people in my community home been hunkered down and staying away from civilization. Bout ready to go see some football since I ain’t watching that NFL or college liberal crap. There is more things I have turned against these days because of politics like: Disney, Nike, pro sports Netflix to name a few. Can’t wait till the Election is over and the virus turns back into the regular ole flu! But enough of how I have been, hows my fans doing! Chad McGhee has some new videos that have kept me entertained through this quarantine though.

These rankings are about as good as a Biden/Harris Presidential campaign. My guess is Blum is the champs in D1 and Richland Springs are the Champs in D2 until someone beats them.....like Ric Flair use to say....”to be the man you gotta beat the man!” And WOOOOOOO!!!!

On a side note. My friend SFA lost another pet. First it was big shug the sugar glider and now his turtle speedy has passed. Please keep SFA in your thoughts and prayers as I don’t know the details yet but I hope Corona didn’t take speedy from us.

Y’all stay Prickly!

TebowTime15":2w23ig80 said:
Texlonghorn75":2w23ig80 said:
Richland Springs, on the virtue of Throckmorton having a wet football field, doesn't play a game and moves up a mere 0.4 points? Why any movement if they didn't play?

Tex, we both know that was all a JB-led conspiracy! Is Granger in on it!?!?!?!?

Not only does Richland not want to play good teams in the regular season, as you have pointed out so eloquently, but JB, while you were distracted with the rain, has started cloning players since you are onto him about recruiting. Expect a Tyler Ethridge, both Burkhart boys, D. Reeves, and Big Rig clone wearing a Coyote jersey very soon!
Tebow, How does your love affair with JB sit with his family? Are you stalking them and the players too? How about the dimensions of JB's statue? Nice that Richland Springs gets a participation point but a forfeit would have looked better on their record like so many of the other forfeits posted as victories. Crowell would have won the game anyhow. Those former RS players were good against the mediocre competition they played. Won some watered down state championships with a little help from their friends by the way. Hope they are now gainfully employed and doing well . Didn't confuse any of them with Earl Campbell though. All that glory fades in the glare of daylight. They need to avoid you if possible. You have a weird thing going on. If you don't easy up a little JB will have some visible hickeys. By the way, are you a Yankee fan too? The Yankee's were famous for the having the best team money could buy.

I have written about this probably every year, so I will keep it simple.

QUIT LOOKING AT THE RESULTS FOR A SINGLE TEAM FOR THIS WEEK ONLY.

The RATING (not to be confused with the RANKING) moves based on who you've played and who they have played. It will fluctuate a bunch earlier in the season as teams. This is a system with over 200 teams. It is a little more complex than team A beats team B and we move them...

If I have not answered your questions, please use the search function or check out the WHY TEST. It shows you a little more.

http://sixmanfootball.com/why_test.php

Game Traveler":2092awmc said:
Well, well, well. Ask and yeeee shall receive! I been hibernating with the corona going around. All 17 people in my community home been hunkered down and staying away from civilization. Bout ready to go see some football since I ain’t watching that NFL or college liberal crap. There is more things I have turned against these days because of politics like: Disney, Nike, pro sports Netflix to name a few. Can’t wait till the Election is over and the virus turns back into the regular ole flu! But enough of how I have been, hows my fans doing! Chad McGhee has some new videos that have kept me entertained through this quarantine though.

These rankings are about as good as a Biden/Harris Presidential campaign. My guess is Blum is the champs in D1 and Richland Springs are the Champs in D2 until someone beats them.....like Ric Flair use to say....”to be the man you gotta beat the man!” And WOOOOOOO!!!!

On a side note. My friend SFA lost another pet. First it was big shug the sugar glider and now his turtle speedy has passed. Please keep SFA in your thoughts and prayers as I don’t know the details yet but I hope Corona didn’t take speedy from us.

Y’all stay Prickly!
Sorry to hear about SFA's pets. Timing probably was the worst. There are a lot of deserving dogs and cats at the local animal shelters that need that one person in their life. Stay healthy and Prickly, Prickly.

Texlonghorn75":1mff5v4u said:
Just trying to figure how Granger's rating system works depending on the Won/Lost records of the respective teams? I know this topic is brought up many times but the Toy defies logic at best. For example: Strawn, a D2 team plays and beats Bryson, a D1 team, by a margin of 44 to 16 yet Strawn drops by 13 points and Bryson jumps 11 points from last week's ratings? Meanwhile, Motley County(D2), which was rated just below Strawn in last week's ratings, beats Spur(D1) 62 to 28 but Motley County jumps 16 points? I know the Toy looks at the competition but that was Spur's first game and Bryson's third game. Richland Springs, on the virtue of Throckmorton having a wet football field, doesn't play a game and moves up a mere 0.4 points? Why any movement if they didn't play? So Bryson jumps several points in defeat while Strawn drops because they won? Motley County jumps in ratings when they won as a rational person might expect. I know it is early in the season but some of the rating movements are strange at best. Does someone need to hit the reset button? PS What happened to Prickly Pear??

Yep, showing your ignorance again. Are you sure that you are not a Biden supporter too??

GT back in the house! Good to be back fellas after my move and speedys death. Thanks for the condolences for speedy, he was a good turtle. Speedy got caught up with the Mutant Ninja Turtle cartel. Word is he was smuggling pizzas through the sewer pipes to Mexico. He was eating the pizzas on his way and was unable able to pay back what he ate. They just shelled him, just took his shell right off his back. I wish i knew he had problem but its to late now. RIP in Speedy, Godspeed be with you speedy. But i did get bumped up to 2G internet at my new hunting cabin in the middle of nowhere. It is faster than a cats tail in room full of rocking chairs. So i will be posting more! Its is just awesome like Chad McGhee! I did get a new pet though, a meerkat named Teabag. This kat just loves tea! He stands up on his back legs and just looks back and forth all day long. I'm not sure if its from the caffeine or he is just a nervous wreck about living in our new hunting cabin or he is just likes shaking his tea bags. I have no idea But this kat is ALERT 24/7! Great watch kat for the cabin! I don't even know here these things come from but they are great pets

You right GT these rankings dont mean a thing till the end! Blum and ole Coop win the state title again! Nobody gives them any competition on that side of the bracket, Richland Springs will win D2 again too. Why wouldn't they? They got the best program of all time!

Well I need to go make some more tea, Teabags shot glass looks empty and I need to brew some up on my new log burning oven. Good to be back fellas!

Johnny South":ljblzqkt said:
Texlonghorn75":ljblzqkt said:

Yep, showing your ignorance again. Are you sure that you are not a Biden supporter too??
Johnny, Your fuzzy, wuzzy memory is as sharp as Biden's. I support law, order and ethical rules associated with six man football. That way ALL the teams have an equal opportunity to play at Jerry's World in our life time, not just the schools that bend the rules bringing in rental football players.

Hate, an all consuming and everlasting hate. It doesn’t take much to hate, just a lot of energy. Not positive mental energy, mind you, just energy that could be invested in so many other things. You don’t really have to expend a lot mental energy, just focus on hate. Like the people who hate Trump. The most virulent Trump Haters live in fear of discovery. The fear that their shallow, meaningless lives will be discovered. Hate is their camouflage. It covers and disguises their mental and emotional immaturity. It hides their pain of failure. Though given all the OPPORTUNITIES to succeed, they just can’t make the grade, so they turn all their self loathing and HATE outside and find another target to focus their self hate on. Nothing in life is their fault. It’s Trumps’ fault, it’s JB’s fault, it’s the Tooth Fairy’s fault because they only left a dollar and not nor the Hundred Dollars they Really Deserved.
Deserved, not Earned. Hate is their lifes goal, easily accomplished and worthy of notice. So when they squall and bawl and fall on the floor and turn blue and hold their breath YOU are supposed to notice, to pamper, to soothe and then apologize for YOUR hard work, drive, dedication and success.
You hardly notice them. You are too busy trying to make life better for others, not yourself, and they HATE you all the more. So to all the JBs, Tebows, Grangers and Trumps of the world, fight on. Self sacrifice to better others is a worthy goal. This Country and the World needs more of you.
“The dogs come out to bark and yap but the caravan MARCHES ON !
God’s Blessings and Peace to All, (especially the Haters, they need it the most).

FCSA, Are you having another fit of the Cedar Hacker's diatribe? Lay off the suds and that depression will lift, eventually. Your new word of the day is??? I didn't even bother to count how many times your favorite word was mentioned in your post. Truth is a difference of opinion is not hate but the word hate serves clowns like you who think they should have the final say on things. You and your buddies are part of the problem not the solution. My position is there should be equal competition and a level playing environment for all six man schools. My opinion and I think most readers would agree with that statement. Richland Springs obviously wants to stack their roster with imported players but in turn denies that they are doing it. Claims it is natural migration?? That prevents other more deserving teams from attaining their goal of playing at Jerry's World. Those kids on those teams are just as deserving of that chance as the boys you claim to represent in Fayette County. Your hero worship is pathetic and sad. Every team wants to win but it is How they earn that win that really counts. Another life lesson that seems to get lost in the shuffle. You didn't read that memo.

There you go again Texlonghorn, opening up your ignorance on the keyboard. I would think that would get embarrassing after a while. Do you actually have a Biden/Harris sign in your yard? Or a Bernie sign?

You really do have a hate problem. You might want to seek help before it starts to cause you physical problems.

Game Traveler":3azn0org said:

Y’all stay Prickly!

That Chad McGhee sure is a hoot! Check out his Tosh.0 interview!

Texlonghorn75":2l4q8eyh said:
FCSA, Are you having another fit of the Cedar Hacker's diatribe? Lay off the suds and that depression will lift, eventually. Your new word of the day is??? I didn't even bother to count how many times your favorite word was mentioned in your post. Truth is a difference of opinion is not hate but the word hate serves clowns like you who think they should have the final say on things. You and your buddies are part of the problem not the solution. My position is there should be equal competition and a level playing environment for all six man schools. My opinion and I think most readers would agree with that statement. Richland Springs obviously wants to stack their roster with imported players but in turn denies that they are doing it. Claims it is natural migration?? That prevents other more deserving teams from attaining their goal of playing at Jerry's World. Those kids on those teams are just as deserving of that chance as the boys you claim to represent in Fayette County. Your hero worship is pathetic and sad. Every team wants to win but it is How they earn that win that really counts. Another life lesson that seems to get lost in the shuffle. You didn't read that memo.
Well tx, whatever you “feel”, because it is obvious you don’t think a lot before you hit the keyboard and make ‘em smoke. My health is fine thank you. Apparently you take great offense when someone points out that your
hate is showing. You don’t discuss things, you issue your proclamations, declare them as truth and condem anyone that has a different opinion.
I’m not a “cedar hacker” as you proclaim. I actually live closer to the Gulf Coast were few exist. I will admit that my ranch north of Leakey has more than its share of cedar, but it’s great cover for the whitetail, Turkey. Sika, Fallow, Aoudad, Axis and other wildlife. We don’t “hack” it we manage it.
You see, you seem to see NEGATIVE in everything, even cedar trees.
I only met the Famous JB once at a football camp in Early, about 8 years ago. He put on a great camp. All the kids enjoyed it and learned a lot.
As far as you “downing” me, that’s ok, I appreciate it. It is one of the reminders that helps me focus on doing what’s right and helping others.
“Whatever you do for yourself in this life, you take it with you when you die, Whatever you do for others you leave behind”.
So take your narcissistic self, with your Hearse and U Haul full of HATE, and self loathing with you. Make the World a better place.
In the meantime I’ll Pray that you discover “Peace That Surpasses All Understanding”.
God Bless

Under, Why Test, Grainger explainers how the ranking works. He can justify any number out there unlike polls that humans vote on where certain teams, especially college, will be in the top ten by popularity. Thanks grainger.

While I have no response to Tex, I did want to say that I am clearly 4th out of me, JB, Granger, and Trump. The other 3 have accomplished more with their lives than I ever will.

FCSU, Never mentioned that I feel just don't think the sixman community approves of Richland Springs piling on talent when many of the D2 schools do good just to field a team. Good that your are deaf and blind to their sneaky ways. No one cares that you have met JB and you admire his style of doing things. And while you are bragging about your hunting property go a head and tell us your bank balance too. We are all impressed with your modesty. How many people work for you? A real mover and shaker at that. How is that arthritic shoulder of yours? Yes it hurts more when you are patting yourself on your back.

Johnny South":aa2eaen9 said:
There you go again Texlonghorn, opening up your ignorance on the keyboard. I would think that would get embarrassing after a while. Do you actually have a Biden/Harris sign in your yard? Or a Bernie sign?

You really do have a hate problem. You might want to seek help before it starts to cause you physical problems.
Wow, Johnny, You are a broken record. Please come up with some original material. I know Hillary appreciates you mentioning her buddies but I don't care for them. If you got out more you might have something of value to say.

No Tex, I don’t pat myself on the back. I’m just the Janitors son (a great dad),”” a skinny little kid, the youngest in my class of 33, 5’8”, 135 lbs. couldn’t afford college so I Got drafted, took 10 years to get my degree. My goal is to build a future for my family and the people that have made my companies GREAT. Nothing I did except I never did and never will give up. While I do give money to worthy, mostly kid focused causes, I also have created Trusts that will provide long term security for people that have worked hard and earned it. God is mostly responsible for whatever “success” I have enjoyed. That’s why I say nothing belongs to me “Everything belongs to Him”.
To Tebow I would say, I have followed your posts for quite some time. I have read and seen your growth. Please don’t shortchange yourself. You have Greatness within you. You must continue to concentrate on being better today than you were yesterday. You will fall short at times, but continue to strive to overcome the shortfall and do better tomorrow. You Will Achieve Greatness, in your own way. Better than Trump, better than JB, better than most. I am convinced by your posts that you will, learn, grow and Achieve, maybe in a different area, but you will make a difference, and that’s what counts.
The Question of the Day is “what are you doing for others?”
Tex’s question is and unfortunately may forever be,
What are you doing for ME?”
Liberals tell people what they Want to Hear. Trump tells people what they NEED to know.
Keep fighting the Good Fight Tebow, “you are a good man Charlie Brown !”

Back