Gordon still hasn't played anyone yet...

Thanks Coach for speaking up.

I really hope the Gordon folks don’t participate and share their thoughts on this game. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t feel confident in us and changing the thoughts of those outside the city limits isn’t going to help us as we move forward.

We have massive respect for Westbrook and we will show them the respect they’ve shown us. And their community and coaches have been amazing to our kids and community for years. I know each Coach personally and have a high level respect for their accomplishments.

I know from my Throck years 2010-11-12 the third year was a mission year. So I know what Westbrook is hungry for and motivated to achieve.

So I’m aware and everyone else is aware we are the underdogs. And I’m aware that the Gordon folks will disagree, as I hope they would.

So please, I’d rather not have folks dislike us for shoving thoughts down their throats and/or eating crow later.
And this comment tells everyone that Gordon does it the right way and should be given the respect they earned and deserve. As a parent of a former Wildcat congratulations on making it to the dance Longhorns.

I think the Gordon-Westbrook game will be a slobber knocker deluxe. I believe Gordon is deeper than Happy so get the popcorn ready.
I’ve been praising Gordon since end of last season. They are fast and physical. My concern for my East representative is can they keep the game close and will experience and youth be an issue? WB has been there done that when it comes to slobber knockers and experienced the state game pressure. I’m happy for Gordon but man this one will be tough.

10pointbuck

Is giving a run for many a folks…as the biggest clown to ever post on this site

And that is saying something

Congrats to Westbrook and Gordon-should be a classic!
I appreciate the shout out Crawford. And I’m honored to accept the clown promotion. I’ve worked hard to be in this position.

Here let me just say it Benjamin could beat both of them enough said but I feel like Westbrook and Gordon will be a good game Westbrook will win again imo repeat state champions in both divisions

Westbrook 8 top 25 teams on their schedule

Gordon 2 top 25 teams on their schedule

Firstly: Respect is respect, however it's acquired. Gordon could beat the Dallas Cowboys and YOU still would refuse to give then respect. Biasness is funny like that. It's a good thing that your respect is not a requirement for them.

Secondly: Turnovers are not given. They are capitalized on. Fumbles recovered or pass interceptions. One team screwed up and the other used it to advance. You make it sound like Gordon did something WRONG because the Jonesboro made some mistakes, yet we all know that if it was the other way around you would praising the great skill that forced the turn overs. Again, your Bias is on full display.

Thirdly: What team doesn't prepare for the next game coming? That's like telling someone to get out of your house AFTER they've left your house. Pointless. But it makes you feel better.

Some stupid comments just need to be pointed out. No one was gifted anything. Being short 1 star player can hurt, but if the team was good enough, 1 player wouldn't be the whole team. Now, as for Westbrook sending in the JV, it's a funny comment, but just a dumb. The poor Westbrook coaching staff all just slapped their forheads in unison, then thanked God you don't work for them.

Every team they've played is relevant. Saying otherwise is to disgrace every team, including Jonesboro, all the players, and all the coaches of those teams. Gordon doesn't set its schedule. They play who they play.

Jonesboro WAS the toughest team they played, and they were shut out at half time. Facts are facts.

Since you are obviously such an expert, who should Gordon play that you would consider relevant?
Well the Dallas Cowboys haven't beaten any good teams either, so Gordon has a 50 50 chance of beating them.

Just want to share. All, Please settle down, someone will be beat by the 45point mercy rule, so there’s no need to get all worked up.
Just enjoy the experience and opportunity to play in this game. May you be repeat or first time.

Thanks Coach for speaking up.

I really hope the Gordon folks don’t participate and share their thoughts on this game. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t feel confident in us and changing the thoughts of those outside the city limits isn’t going to help us as we move forward.

We have massive respect for Westbrook and we will show them the respect they’ve shown us. And their community and coaches have been amazing to our kids and community for years. I know each Coach personally and have a high level respect for their accomplishments.

I know from my Throck years 2010-11-12 the third year was a mission year. So I know what Westbrook is hungry for and motivated to achieve.

So I’m aware and everyone else is aware we are the underdogs. And I’m aware that the Gordon folks will disagree, as I hope they would.

So please, I’d rather not have folks dislike us for shoving thoughts down their throats and/or eating crow later.
Coach does UIL restrict how far you can travel for your Non-District games?
I was told (years past early 1990's) that the UIL had a time limit on Thursday night games. And schools tried to keep their Friday and Saturday games within that same travel time limit.

Gordon got to state the same way Westbrook did, so their schedule, at this point, is irrelevant. It doesn't matter that Westbrook scheduled harder teams and Gordon didn't. Gordon still made the playoffs and steamrolled everyone put in front of them. Thank goodness for Coach Matlock's comments or some of you guys would still be bashing this team on their amazing accomplishment. If you don't want to give them some respect (which is pretty childish, if we're being honest), that's fine, but stop talking so much trash about the team, sheesh. I feel for the kids reading all this.

They've had an amazing season and an even more amazing run in the playoffs to get here; that's worth celebrating, and yes, they deserve some respect for being one of the two last teams to play. Lord knows, if Jonesboro won that game, half of you talking trash would be talking about how good Jonesboro is this year. Some of you need to grow up.

Back