Gordon still hasn't played anyone yet...

It's gonna be a long 12 days if a few little comments like these get you this upset.
I'm not sure why you think I'm upset. I, like you, enjoy voicing my opinions.
And I doubt matlock pays attention to this site. So I doubt he slapped himself with anything. Gordon does set their preseason schedule bud. Sorry I took so long to respond I was busy getting film sent in
At least you didn't disagree that IF they read it they WOULD slap something. Lol
When did it become necessary to watch film on deer hunting?
Happy, Knox city, rankin, Borden county. Kinda like the 2023 Div 1 state champs did
Play the team from then or from now, because none of those are going to state this year...?

I'm not sure why you think I'm upset. I, like you, enjoy voicing my opinions.

At least you didn't disagree that IF they read it they WOULD slap something. Lol
When did it become necessary to watch film on deer hunting?

Play the team from then or from now, because none of those are going to state this year...?
Buddy I’ll make it simple. I’m saying Gordon’s schedule has been weak. Their preseason was a joke. Yes their district and playoffs are out of their control.

Seeing as none of this really matters and the game will be played no matter what is said on this site I will say this.
I will respect Gordon when they beat us, plain and simple. Show up and beat us and you have my respect. Show up and lose and you won't. Too many people last year fed into all the hype blah blah Abbotts the best team in the state, best defense in the state, averaged 250+ rushing yards every playoff game and you all remember how that turned out and how many crickets could be heard on this site.
Day one of the trash talk has commenced and it will be an epic 12 days if I have anything to say about it.

Seeing as none of this really matters and the game will be played no matter what is said on this site I will say this.
I will respect Gordon when they beat us, plain and simple. Show up and beat us and you have my respect. Show up and lose and you won't. Too many people last year fed into all the hype blah blah Abbotts the best team in the state, best defense in the state, averaged 250+ rushing yards every playoff game and you all remember how that turned out and how many crickets could be heard on this site.
Day one of the trash talk has commenced and it will be an epic 12 days if I have anything to say about it.
Matlock just told me he sent in ring sizes at lunch time. Got the state champ shirts ordered.

Well get ready. Cause in 12 days you go down big boy.

Yep players and coaches alike read this crap. I promise you, not one person talking trash on Gordon or any other team represents me or my team. Gordon is an amazingly athletic team and we will definitely have our work cut out for us. Anyone who knows me or what I teach, knows that we don’t condone boasting or self promotion. It’s about our team and being great teammates, not any individual.

People talk so much trash and the kids read all of it. Happy gave us all we wanted last night and really tested us. My hat is off to them and their great program and coaches. On any given day, any team can have your number. That is why we play the game. Proverbs 16:18 reminds us that pride goeth before a fall.

Congrats to Jonesboro on an amazing season and congrats to Gordon for booking a trip to AT&T (it’s really hard to do). I pray for safe travels for all the teams and fans.

Yep players and coaches alike read this crap. I promise you, not one person talking trash on Gordon or any other team represents me or my team. Gordon is an amazingly athletic team and we will definitely have our work cut out for us. Anyone who knows me or what I teach, knows that we don’t condone boasting or self promotion. It’s about our team and being great teammates, not any individual.

People talk so much trash and the kids read all of it. Happy gave us all we wanted last night and really tested us. My hat is off to them and their great program and coaches. On any given day, any team can have your number. That is why we play the game. Proverbs 16:18 reminds us that pride goeth before a fall.

Congrats to Jonesboro on an amazing season and congrats to Gordon for booking a trip to AT&T (it’s really hard to do). I pray for safe travels for all the teams and fans.
Good words coach

Coach does UIL restrict how far you can travel for your Non-District games?
I was told (years past early 1990's) that the UIL had a time limit on Thursday night games. And schools tried to keep their Friday and Saturday games within that same travel time limit.

Thanks Coach for speaking up.

I really hope the Gordon folks don’t participate and share their thoughts on this game. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t feel confident in us and changing the thoughts of those outside the city limits isn’t going to help us as we move forward.

We have massive respect for Westbrook and we will show them the respect they’ve shown us. And their community and coaches have been amazing to our kids and community for years. I know each Coach personally and have a high level respect for their accomplishments.

I know from my Throck years 2010-11-12 the third year was a mission year. So I know what Westbrook is hungry for and motivated to achieve.

So I’m aware and everyone else is aware we are the underdogs. And I’m aware that the Gordon folks will disagree, as I hope they would.

So please, I’d rather not have folks dislike us for shoving thoughts down their throats and/or eating crow later.

Back