Gordon Longhorns

Lol apparently reading isn't a strong suit in that part of the world! I have no problem with the result. The better team won! For the umpteenth time. But a coach making excuses for poor sportmanship, and the team recieving the calls and penalties to back up so said bad behavior, is troubling. Gordon has some fine athelets unfortuanatley they also have some dirty players and poor sports. Not all, to bad the rotten apples give the rest of the team a black mark.

ok, I said I wasn't going to chime in, but really, enough is enough. I come on here week after week and not once, ever do I talk smack, which I could have, put down the team we beat, which I could have, or bad mouth a team that beat us, WHICH I COULD HAVE!

First of all, I don't believe that Coach Mallory was defending the retaliation of the players, in fact, he said it would be dealt with.
Black-Gold":1nnna43u said:
They were retaliation penalties, and will be delt with.

Second, there is a huge difference in playing dirty, and playing with emotion. There were exactly 2, not 6 unsportsmanlike calls, one of them was of the verbal communi cation type. That's not exactly playing dirty. And after talking to some of the boys, words were flying from both directions, he just happened to be close enough to a striped shirt feller to get caught. The other unsportsmanline call, after watching the film, should have been on Savoy, he initiated the contact first and they were both pushing and shoving away from the play, at a minimum it should have been on both of them. As for the other penalties, a facemask, but at least we didn't rip the helmet off the head. A block in the back, which was a very very questionable call, looks like their feet got tangled up and he never touched him otherwise. A crossing the line of scrimmage on a pass, which WASNT EVEN CLOSE, he was at least 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage and the line judge didn't make the call, the white hat made it from the back field, so not really his call. But even if they had ALL been legit calls, they faced the punishment, they lost yardage, lost a couple touchdowns, etc. And I'm bettin a little extra running will be in order, based on the "and will be delt with" quote.

Third, we are not "rude or trashy" to other fans. One guy, (or girl) had a problem with the way that we gather around our boys locker room on the way in from the field to tell them good job, congrats, etc. We were not in the face of the other team, there were just some excited fans that got in their way on the way to their locker room. Sensitive much?

And finally, my problem was not, and is not with the fans, players, coaches or anybody else from Savoy, it is with the refs, and this coming from the team that won, I can tell you that that was some of the worst officiating that I have ever seen, ever.

Lol I would say weak comeback! But I guess it's hard to put up much of a argument against the truth. If you'll didn't get the penalties to back up my accusations then you might have a leg to stand on. But you'll did get them! If Gordon wants their school to be known as having a good football team but being dirty players and poor sports, they are doing what it takes. If not then I would suggest some changes be made.

You think what you want, our boys know what REALLY happened, our fans saw how one sided the refs were, our coach does a fine fine job, and will continue to do so. You think we are dirty? ok, fine we are dirty. You are going to have a really tough time when you come across a team that don't take so kindly to trash talking on the field. If you honestly think that the trash talking on the field was one sided, you are completely dillusional. Kids talk back and forth, I've never seen a team that doesn't. You wanna meet up for coffee and I'll show you on the video just how wrong you actually are, the ONLY thing one sided was the white hats decision on when to throw the little yellow flag. So I guess if you wanna label us dirty, go ahead, but by my account, that makes your team a little dirtier, because they have apparently practiced it enough to get away with it.

I commend Coach Mallory for coming on this board and defending his players..Coach Mallory cares and loves these boys and they RESPECT him and would do anything and everything he asks. That is what you want from a coach. If every coach in the six man world cared as much about his players both ON and OFF the field as Coach Mallory then this world would be filled with exceptional young men. I tell you this I would take Coach Mallory any day over a coach that says his team (Savoy) is not willing to travel more than an hour because they "know they are gonna get their asses kicked". WOW a lot of confidence in you team there...It is apparent that you (Savoy Fan) are not or probably ever been a coach, I have and when some one especially a ignorant SORE LOSER comes onto a public and bad mouths your team you take exception to it and it angers you. Fact of the matter is what happened to Savoy is just TEXAS SIX MAN FOOTBALL..hard nosed, talking the talk and walking the walk. Quit your whining. Like Johnny South wrote if yo don't like it then get better!!!!!! When you have a good coach there is a bond between the kids and the coach much like a parent/child relationship... I know as a parent if someone talks crap about my kids then by God i am ready to defend them to the cows come home..same thing goes for a coach. So I say Coach Mallory GREAT job I say it is a privilege and a honer to have you as my sons coach..Savoy Fan you keep whining and we at Gordon will keep WINNING because that is what we do....WIN

SavoyFan":311oxn2y said:
If not then I would suggest some changes be made.

Ha Ha, I'll bet that I can guess the changes that you would suggest for Gordon!

I'll bet the ranch that you would want them to get a lesser coach, and some pansy players. That way your team would have a chance to beat them the next time!

Hornskeeper,
Saying the refs were just picking on Gordon is ridicoulous! Why would they show favoritism to Savoy? I hate the your season is tainted by the poor sportmanship exhibited. And I may take you up on that cup of coffee one of these days. I'm a reasonable person. So I would listen with an objective ear. But you also can't discount what went on by saying the refs had it out for Gordon.

SavoyFan":3tjgj4j7 said:
Hornskeeper,
Saying the refs were just picking on Gordon is ridicoulous! Why would they show favoritism to Savoy? I hate the your season is tainted by the poor sportmanship exhibited. And I may take you up on that cup of coffee one of these days. I'm a reasonable person. So I would listen with an objective ear. But you also can't discount what went on by saying the refs had it out for Gordon.
Not saying they had it out for Gordon, but I saw what I saw and that was that every little thing we did got flagged and we weren't the only ones doing things that could have got flagged for. Maybe they felt bad for the team that was behind, i don't know, I can't speak for the reasoning behind it. Maybe you should ask them, there is an ask a ref section on here. Maybe they can also explain why a QB three yards behind the LOS gets flagged for being beyond it, and why a holding penalty on the 15 resulted in a 1st and 25 from the 5 instead of half the distance to the goal (twice). You tell me, why WOULD they show favoritism to Savoy? I couldn't see a reason behind it either. Don't worry, our season isn't tainted at all. Don't be so bold to think that your over inflated opinion has any bearing what-so-ever on the teams confidence in themselves. But I'm sure if you get enough people to sign the petition, we can get an asterisk put beside our 2012 season. It could state - "Good team, but they were mean!!!" We will play and play hard until either someone finds a way to stop us, or we hoist the trapezoid trophy.

Kdub,
You can be hard nosed without playing dirty. And I won't speak for coach Wilson. I have no idea wether he said what you suggest or not? I can definatley see where SOME of the Gordon players have gotten there attitudes from! Nothing wrong with coach Mallory taking up for his boys, but making an excuse for unacceptable behavior? Yes
And Gordon is a very good team, but will the win state? I would t bet the farm on it....

Was at the game and didn't like the trash I saw on BOTH sides... .I can give you a numbe,r if you want one, of a savoy player (hint, he was wearing a cowboy collar on his shoulder pads) that was in the absolute wrong, and got chippy and mouthy... Why HE didnt get flagged for unsportsmanlike at some point, I couldnt tell ya. I can also give you the number of a Gordon kid that was doing the same thing... He DID get flagged, and I saw his own coach rip into him after he got called. CLEARLY that was unacceptable to Coach Mallory, but this is an emotional game.... I dont fault or blame EITHER players.... NOR do I blame fans on either side. The fact of the matter is... the refs never had control of that game, and allowed the emotions of the players to dictate the game... ON BOTH SIDES.... To say otherwise is looking through some very biased glasses.

Sounds like all of you should "agree to disagree". I was at the game and I have watched most of Gordon's games this year. This seemed like a very high tension and highly emotional game for both teams. I wasn't on the field so I don't know exactly what happened (and most of you don't except for the Coaches and players). I also observed Coach Mallory repremand those personal fouls on the sidelines. I know all of the Gordon players very well and they are not malicious or dirty players. They however will react if they are provoked in some way!! (I feel this is what Coach Mallory was trying to convey on the message board) Sorry if the Savoy guy is upset over their performance. I know Gordon ISD does not condone this behavior and they DO promote good sportsmanship. It is hard sometimes to predict how a student or player will react to tension or stress especially if competition is involved.
I had a saying with my kids in elementary... What happens on the playground, stays on the playground!!!!! The game is over... let it go!!

Wife of Edward

SavoyFan, you have beaten this dog to death. I don't like to lose either, but we did. Look, I was on the sideline and heard trash talk from both teams. I saw our coach get on our to shut up and keep their heads on their job. I also saw one of the Gordon players get his tail chewed out. He came back, and played and there was not another problem from that player. The officials are what they are and you get what you get from the chapter. I have never seen any of them before. Please look at the fact that Gordon players come in and executed a great gameplan. We didn't!

Don't take our season and turn it into a sour mess. We lost 1 game, 1! I hope that Gordon does go and wins another title, cause I can say, "Well we got beat by the champs!"

Gordon fans and Sixman nation, I am talking for myself and I believe a majority of fans in Savoy that this is not where we wanted this to go. We are new to the game and it has been great for our community. Leave this great season for what it was and help the boys get ready for another run next year. Good Luck to the Teams still in the playoffs and may the rest of your season be injury free.

Tried to be nice...some idiots won't let you.. I would bet that you are one of those people that like the leagues where EVERYONE get a trophy just for showing up. Little Johnny said something mean now he's a big ole bully (whimper) Get over it you got beat and beat soundly...if Gordon goes on to win the State title is yet to be determined but I will bet the farm, county, state, country,continent, and world that it will not be SAVOY!!!!!!! If like you wrote there is "nothing wrong with Coach Mallory taking up for his boys" What are you on here whining about? The fact that your boys got handled, got put in their place, learned that when you play a REAL team things do not always go your way? You keep using the word "unprofessional" just a question are you a professional coach? If not how do you know what IS and IS NOT professional behavior for one? Everyone has to have a bad guy in their life to blame when things do not go there way...in this case Gordon takes that role..you keep saying "trash talking" guess what it is not talking trash when you can back it up. Which the Longhorns did what they also did was squash your dreams, your hope and also foiled your perfect season...this game is over...Savoy was a footnote....a stepping stone....GET OVER IT.....by the way....what you call "dirty" i call DUSTY.

RedBird Man":19trhaaq said:
SavoyFan, you have beaten this dog to death. I don't like to lose either, but we did. Look, I was on the sideline and heard trash talk from both teams. I saw our coach get on our to shut up and keep their heads on their job. I also saw one of the Gordon players get his tail chewed out. He came back, and played and there was not another problem from that player. The officials are what they are and you get what you get from the chapter. I have never seen any of them before. Please look at the fact that Gordon players come in and executed a great gameplan. We didn't!

Don't take our season and turn it into a sour mess. We lost 1 game, 1! I hope that Gordon does go and wins another title, cause I can say, "Well we got beat by the champs!"

Gordon fans and Sixman nation, I am talking for myself and I believe a majority of fans in Savoy that this is not where we wanted this to go. We are new to the game and it has been great for our community. Leave this great season for what it was and help the boys get ready for another run next year. Good Luck to the Teams still in the playoffs and may the rest of your season be injury free.
Spoken like a true fan of the game. I expect Savoy to become a regular post season playoff team. What they managed to accomplish this year was amazing. If they are able to schedule better preseason games they will find themselves really prepared for the big games.

It's always hard to schedule quality teams when you first move into a new league/district. The team and their fans should hold their heads high because they had a heck of a first year. The support your team had was amazing, sometimes it's hard to get the fans to make a out of town trip, even for a playoff game. Your side of the field was packed! I was impressed.

I am with you Redbird Man!!! Sounds like Savoy had a terrific season!! Savoy fans should be proud of their kids accomplishments for the season! Great record for the season! Don't want a bad reputation for either school to develop through this messageboard!!

Wife of Edward

Back