Gordon and Strawn Rivalry via Trey Doyle

Great story, thanks for posting.
I just echo the last line in the article.
God bless Gordon and Strawn and God bless the family of Joe Kostiha.

In addition, the Strawn Booster Club was holding a bbq dinner fundraiser which it was announced a portion of the proceeds from would go to this cause.
Alot of the less fortunate in Strawn owe a debt of gratitude to some of the Kostiha's. As owners of the grocery store there Walter & Dolly fed alot of kid's over the years putting extra stuff in bags, letting them or their parents sign on credit knowing many times they would probably never be paid. In addition Walter delivered to the home bound elderly.

51eleven":3k6dn8jk said:
In addition, the Strawn Booster Club was holding a bbq dinner fundraiser which it was announced a portion of the proceeds from would go to this cause.

The Gordon First Baptist Church went to the game with food to have a tailgate party before the game. When they found out what the Booster Club was doing it is my understanding that the Strawn Booster Club and the FBC Gordon combined together to help this family in need.

This is an amazing story of how two towns go at each other to win the football games but when someone is in need football isn't given on thought and these two towns come together to help each other. The stories that the other posters have posted are wonderful. It lets you know there are good people still left.Thank you Olderelk and a lot of thanks goes to Trey Doyle. A lot of God's Children live in Gordon an Strawn.

Does anyone have any great football stories about your football town and the kindness shared for the people? Throckmorton had won a game and we were on our way to the lease. We were starving as we had used all our cash on the grandkkiids. We got there right before they were going to shut the doors and they reopened for us. They knew who we were but it didn't make any difference to them. They welcomed us in and as we were looking for something quick so they could go home. They told us to order whatever we would like. Now that was hospitality. We can't wait to try Mary's out. Fajitas Petes frito pies sound delicious but will have to take a Nexium with me, lol..

Back