Goal Post Help

CoachAbston

11-man fan
I am the AD/Head Football coach at Morton. We played 1 home game during our Outlaw/Independent campaign last season and borrowed some temp. goal posts from Whitharral for that game. We will play our first full season as a sixman school next year and I am looking for help with my options. I am trying to price the 25' wide x 9' crossbar goal posts and am not finding people that sell wider than the 23'4" version. If you have bought or constructed goal posts recently I would really appreciate hearing what your solution was. Thanks guys and we are excited to be a part of the Sixman community!

I recently replaced the goal posts in Lefors. We were fortunate enough to get a base that was taken out from Pampa. It had the single post made out of 2 pieces of 4" pipe welded together and was already bent to keep the post off the back endzone line. I welded extensions onto the already existing 4" crossbar. Since I had to reset the post and we didn't want vehicle tire imprints on the field surface, I was able to borrow a manual lift from a local heat/air company. We got it lifted in the center and I leveled and braced it with the old goal post pipes. We poured concrete and let it set a few days. I then cut holes out of the top of the crossbar and inserted the uprights. So far, they are still standing. I would strongly suggest trying to find a local welder who would be willing to donate some time adn possibly someone to donate some materials if that is the route you choose. I had only 1 or 2 helpers through our whole ordeal. It was a challenge but they are still standing after 2 years. If you have any questions, please pm me and I will gladly give you my contact information.

If you are going to have someone build your goal posts or modify an existing post, I strongly suggest that you find a qualified welder to do the job. They will have a better idea of how to properly weld it so you don't have to worry them for a very long time. They will also know better how to properly level it. Just a suggestion.

Back