Getting closer to no cutting at all

Mike Reed

Six-man fan
This will be discussed in finer detail by chapter Officals at the end of July.
Running backs will no longer be able to cut block

And spread rushers no longer have to be worried bout being cut by spread up backs.

AFFAE422-F0AB-4465-905E-F24678E24F1D.jpeg

I went to camp today at Abilene Wylie and the UIL is telling THSCA they dint have to accept the NCAA rule being amended.

This can be an option for our association and classification as well is my understanding

I went to camp today at Abilene Wylie and the UIL is telling THSCA they dint have to accept the NCAA rule being amended.

This can be an option for our association and classification as well is my understanding
Praying our Association declines this rule change. This is detrimental for small D2 schools . We already have very few boys who compete. We ask the boys who would never get the opportunity at a larger school to play football to learn core values , and now we put them at risk of real injury without being able to protect themselves with this rule change.

I called the lead officials of a chapter that will be meeting in July and their interpretation at this point is that the 5 yard to left and right of center (tackle box) is forward and that the spread rushers will not be allowed to be cut.

So I guess since it isnt the "initial charge" the qb won't be able to cut on a lead block...albeit he still can't downfield (I don't agree with that either, but I'm old-school)...I agree with the earlier posts, this definitely puts the smaller kids at a greater risk, and I can see participation dropping because of this. And really, who could blame them!

I would not say smaller kids are at greater risk you just have to use them different and change the places you play them at. The speed guys that can’t handle physical play can no longer just chop legs of a bigger guy they must avoid and get open. I think it allows the physical guys a chance to play without as much risk to the knee

They will possibly have less knee injuries and probably more concussions. They are not thinking this through very well! I don't remember the last knee injury that I have seen on a cut block. Ankles yes knees no.

I wish there were statistics out there, specifically on 6man football, on how many injuries happened with an upback cutting a DE while spread rushing…

Back