Garden City goes down

jimnedder

11-man fan
Forgive me but it is great that both Garden City boys and girls lost tonight. Never has there been a more deserving group of people. While they fans are the most obnoxious, it pales in comparison to the disrespectful behavior of their students in the stands. I have been to three GC games...two in GC as my father in law still lives there...their students are awful and yell awful things at their opponents. Glad you guys and gals are done. You deserve it.

Jim,

My son plays for Garden City and has tons of class. As a parent, I would appreciate it if you’d keep these comments to yourself. My son DOES NOT deserve to be labeled this way.

C Miller

My experience with the Garden City/St. Lawrence community has always been positive. Whether it has been Sports, BPA, Ag, or any other activity, they have always seemed to act with class. I'm sure you are sore about something, but don't come on here and bash on teenagers who have worked really hard.

Dogface2":8nkd9zld said:
Didn't they get rid of Coach Jones after he took them to state? Twice.
Yep.
Thats class.
Several of you guys got it wrong.
There aren't any classy sixman schools.
Sure lots of players have class but not the school as a whole.
How they treat a coach and his family is proof.

with how you used to post
GC should take that as a compliment
lol
but you have seemed
to tone it down
so maybe not
just sayin

pistol":1g37omjf said:
Dogface2":1g37omjf said:
Didn't they get rid of Coach Jones after he took them to state? Twice.
Yep.
Thats class.
Several of you guys got it wrong.
There aren't any classy sixman schools.
Sure lots of players have class but not the school as a whole.
How they treat a coach and his family is proof.

with how you used to post
GC should take that as a compliment
lol
but you have seemed
to tone it down
so maybe not
just sayin
maybe

The original post of this thread made me think ... how easy is it to judge the "character" or "class" of other school's kids? Answer - pretty easy - but taken from couple basketball games (or any athletic event) is a narrow view about an entire student body, school district or community.

Perhaps you just caught someone in a moment that is not a true reflection of their character - a moment of weakness (happens to the best of us - I'd hate to be blasted on the message boards from an observation of one poor choice). Perhaps your measure of class or character is different from what you observed (simply from your world view). Perhaps you have an ax to grind against GC. Who knows - the point is, as parents, coaches, educators - our jobs are to shape young men and women to enter the real world with an understanding of right from wrong. Experience is often the best teacher. If you felt this way about their students - speaking to a staff member or administrator from GC would have been a more appropriate response than a vague, anonymous message board blast.

I know the coaches from Garden City - a great staff who work hard to have a program that is successful and at the same time tries to do it the right way. I like their kids - in my experience they're respectful, work hard, compete hard - and have the confidence to believe they're going to win any contest they enter - those traits are a reflection of parenting, community, and teaching/coaching.

Back