Games to Watch

BigCzech

Six-man fan
Well, here we are, deep into the season. It's been a bumby ride for some of us so far. If history tells us anythng it's that we are a long way for the end. Below are a few games I think should be good ones this week. What do you think?

Iredell VS Walnut Springs - Should be a good match with both teams desperately fighting for a playoff spot as well as local and statewide respect. Iredell 78 Walnut Springs 64

Penelope VS Abbott - Penelope was on a roll heading into district and has stumbled the last few weeks against Gholson and Aquilla. They head to Abbott this week with there season vitrually in the balance. On top of that it is Homecoming week for the Panthers who are coming off a bye. Abbott 60 Penelope 14

Garden City(9) VS Westbrook(11) - Both ranked teams that got that way for a reason. Garden City is coming of a soul crushing loss to a very good Millford team last week. GC 42 Westbrook 38

Coolidge VS Aquilla - Both teams are coming off very demanding wins over district oppenents trying to stay on top. Aquilla is very physical, but Coolidge is turing out to be a much better that anyone gave them credit for early. Coolidge 56 Aqullia 46

Ira(2) VS Borden County(4
) - On paper this game should be a defensice struggle with both teams giving up an average of only 14 and 9 points per game. I think both teams give up more than thier averages this week. B.C. 50 Ira 44

Add these games too,

Meadow vs. Ropes
This has been a very good rivalry for years. I give the edge to Meadow.

Petersburg vs. Motley County
I believe the Buffs outlasts the Matadors in a very exciting game. Buffs 61 - MC 58

Spur vs. Paducah
The Bulldogs are rolling high after a big homecoming win. Paducah (who always has talented athletes) come limping into this game. Look for the bulldogs to rout Paducah, Spur 59 Paducah 22

Whiteface vs. Anton
Grangers toy has a 0 spread but Whiteface is favored. This late in the year, Grangers toy usually works out.
Look for Whiteface to win a squeaker.

THE MAIN EVENT

Ira vs. Borden County
1st of all, I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO UIL for making these two teams square off (district game now).
These 2 schools should've been playing yearly but for some reason never did. SO THANK YOU UIL.

Now for the game,

Ira just don't lose at home, nor do they get manhandled at home. I believe the Bulldogs give a valiant effort
but in the end the Borden County Coyotes will be too much.
Borden County 72 - Ira 27

The Life-Support Game

Oakwood @ Mt. Calm
Both teams had HIGH expectations but now come limping in at 2-5 with alot of disappointment throughout the season.
The winner of this game can get off life support and have a legit shot at District RU.

Can Coach Satcher get his Mt. Calm group in the win column or will Oakwood prevail.

If this was a college game, the loser would be on the "hot seat" and on his way out

Kramer":32a8pglf said:
Ira vs. Borden County
1st of all, I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO UIL for making these two teams square off (district game now).
These 2 schools should've been playing yearly but for some reason never did. SO THANK YOU UIL.

Now for the game,

Ira just don't lose at home, nor do they get manhandled at home. I believe the Bulldogs give a valiant effort
but in the end the Borden County Coyotes will be too much.
Borden County 72 - Ira 27

All though I agree the Bulldogs will not prevail, I feel the prediction was a little overwhelming , I agree with the thanking of UIL for this matchup, I've been involved in the history of Ira Bulldogs spending some of my high school football years there and we always jawed back in forth at each other on who was better. We wiped their bottoms in baseball but football was different and only getting to match up with them once as stary-eyed freshman in the playoffs where most of us saw no action it is disappointing that we were 0-1 in our high school career against BC, in a close one in Big Spring, which honestly could of went the other way. it is upsetting mostly because we would have whooped them every other year. So there is a lot of missing history in this rivalry, due to horrible redistricting, but I am ready to see the rivalry restart Friday night under the lights, on the grass, I have BC by 10, but I feel confident in saying that Ira can win this game if they will keep the corners fresh by subbing in and out. So my final is BC 68-58 Ira. Extra points could be factor if the game stays close.

Iredell vs Walnut Springs is likely for the district championship. Which is extra important to the teams involved. If I read the brackets right the other night the looser of this game will get bounced hard in the first round of the playoff's by Richland Springs.

Kramer":36hmwer6 said:
The Life-Support Game

Oakwood @ Mt. Calm
Both teams had HIGH expectations but now come limping in at 2-5 with alot of disappointment throughout the season.
The winner of this game can get off life support and have a legit shot at District RU.

Can Coach Satcher get his Mt. Calm group in the win column or will Oakwood prevail.

If this was a college game, the loser would be on the "hot seat" and on his way out

Mt. Calm has been playing much more sound football as of late. I hear they are finally healthy and it is showing on the scoreboard. The Pimpton kid is a VERY gifted young man. Mt. Calm win by at least 20.

51eleven":213nbzqb said:
Iredell vs Walnut Springs is likely for the district championship. Which is extra important to the teams involved. If I read the brackets right the other night the looser of this game will get bounced hard in the first round of the playoff's by Richland Springs.

I - (3-4
WS - (4-3)

Off avg.
I - 44
WS - 42

Def avg.
I - 43
WS - 42

Common Oppo:
I
Lingleville W(54-29)
Koppell W(60-12)
WS
Lingleville L(36-42
Koppell W(84-38)

Looks like it could be a barn burner!

I'll go with the Fighting Walnuts in a close one at home.
58-54

51eleven":19rcnns8 said:

OOOUCH! That looks right. Good luck to both teams this week.

From what I've heard Iredell's best player is out with an injury, along with at two other starters. Walnut shouldn't have much problem

BigCzech":3jl5iqs7 said:
Well, here we are, deep into the season. It's been a bumby ride for some of us so far. If history tells us anythng it's that we are a long way for the end. Below are a few games I think should be good ones this week. What do you think?

Ira(2) VS Borden County(4[/b]) - On paper this game should be a defensice struggle with both teams giving up an average of only 14 and 9 points per game. I think both teams give up more than thier averages this week. B.C. 50 Ira 44

http://www.reporternews.com/sports/big- ... 57121.html

Big Country Sports
Borden Country, Ira go toe-to-toe in big six-man football game
By Evan Ren of the Abilene Reporter News

"If we were to skip this week's huge six-man matchup featuring No. 4 Borden County (6-1) at No. 2 Ira (7-0), then we may as well say that we can't have a six-man Big Country Game of the Week.

We don't operate that way.

In fact, in relative terms, the Borden County-Ira matchup is as big a regular-season game as we'll have in the area this year.

Picking a winner, however, may require throwing a dart or flipping a coin.

On paper, this one is very close, and it should stay that way, with Borden County allowing just nine points per game with three straight shutouts coming into this week.

Ira has yielded only 14 per game, so I'm expecting both Ira and Borden County to see their lofty offensive averages of 58 points and 49 points to be cut roughly in half.

I'll base my pick on two microscopic check marks in the Ira column — a slightly tougher schedule and the home-field edge.

In other words, it's a tossup."

I'm waiting to see if Prairie Lea can improve to 7-1 Friday night. Considering the past decade. This has been a stellar year for them. lol

BC by 45 over Ira. Ira always has an easy schedule every year then gets blown out in the playoffs. This is not the playoffs but the result will be the same.

Fanlcm1":2tibx2ee said:
From what I've heard Iredell's best player is out with an injury, along with at two other starters. Walnut shouldn't have much problem
Walnut played a good game and Iredell does have quite a few injuries in their starting lineup, but it turns out Iredell isn't dependent on just a couple of players this season. They have a good solid team all the way through and in the end Iredell defeated Walnut springs 64-60

Back