Games of the week for week 2?

I promise you I was a lot closed than you were and I disagree that it was early contact. The Ref that was right by the play, it was on the side line, did not drop a flag and was overruled by the white hat that was not in position to make the call and the SMS that was influenced by the WB sideline all night. Comment on holding calls missed. They missed more than one holding call when WB made plays. When the jersey is stretched it is holding. Several holding calls were not made BOTH ways. I was setting on JB side but tonight was the first time I have ever been in Jonesboro. I usually set on the home side unless I’m at a game that I have ties to. From the time I left home about 1:00 pm, I drove further than people coming from WB unless they went out of the way. At AT&T I always set on visitors side and until Covid it was all 12 games and I either holler for the visiting team or set quietly and watch the game. I was not on the goal line to see the fumble but I would like to see it from that angle. My opinion and I stand by it until proven different and my brother was more adamant about this than I was.
First of all there was no flag thrown on the onside kick before the meeting of the officials. WB sideline did not get a call in their favor all night. I don’t want to hear that crap. The white hat made several calls he was not in position to make. We can argue calls all day long. To have an opinion with out a clear view sounds like you are one sided with a closed mind.

Jonesboro is a solid team. They game plan very well. I just believe the better team came out on top. Westbrook gave up 2 first downs and 2 big plays. WB had 5 trips inside JB 20 and could not convert. 3 of those drives stalled due to a holding penalty and one drive ended with a bad exchange (fumble). That’s pretty impressive.

In response to wildcat and wildcatfan, it is obvious who your team is. I have set on your side and pulled for you as I have a lot of other teams. I see as many games and teams as I can. I’m a Texas high school football fan preferring six-man. We are going to continue to disagree on last nights football game. I stand by what I said as you do. “Your” team was playing and I went to Jonesboro and I set on their side and pulled for them. I saw a great game that was not called very good. There were calls that went both ways and several missed calls. I saw the kickoff that we are disputing and I saw a perfect kickoff by JB. We each have our own eyes and I had my cataracts removed last May and only need reading glasses. We all have our own opinions and we all sometimes over share them. Point a finger at someone, I have three pointing at me. I got to go. I have a game to get to tonight. Everyone have fun and may your team win unless I’m pulling for the other one.

I was at the Westbrook Jonesboro game and what I saw was 2 very good teams going head to head in what should have been decided by who scored last or even who made more PATs. The onside kick from Jonesboro should have went to the Eagles. The WB player caught the ball before it went 15 yards, got hit, fumbled and JB recovered. Jonesboro also received a candy hop onside that would have been returned for a TD with the white hat blowing the play dead when the JB players knee was almost a good foot from touching the ground! Both teams got some breaks and both teams got some calls either in or against their favor. All in all I thought it was a great game and I'm wondering to myself could we possibly see these 2 teams meet up again in the finale?

I was at the Westbrook Jonesboro game and what I saw was 2 very good teams going head to head in what should have been decided by who scored last or even who made more PATs. The onside kick from Jonesboro should have went to the Eagles. The WB player caught the ball before it went 15 yards, got hit, fumbled and JB recovered. Jonesboro also received a candy hop onside that would have been returned for a TD with the white hat blowing the play dead when the JB players knee was almost a good foot from touching the ground! Both teams got some breaks and both teams got some calls either in or against their favor. All in all I thought it was a great game and I'm wondering to myself could we possibly see these 2 teams meet up again in the finale?
The ball was kicked by a JB kid and that’s what our coach was arguing. Go watch the play, neither of the kids that left early were called for it then about 3 yards before it reached the Westbrook player it was kicked by a JB player. Your right it was a very hard fought game. And I think both teams could meet up again if they both take care of business.

Thanks for posting this Mike. It seems that every thread on the site has to devolve into a mud slinging name calling session between just a few lunkheads. Mostly surrounding either Richland Springs or Strawn or the Rigdons, and a lot of times when they aren't the original subject of the posts.

Mike, you are being extremely unfair to me. I am only doing what Coach Shelton wanted people to do, which was post about teams other than Richland, Strawn, Benjamin, etc. In my opinion, Sanderson is going to beat Richland Springs in the D2 state game.

I guess you like the Sanderson Coach, which is fine with me, but I would appreciate a little more impartiality. Sanderson is going to beat Marfa tonight, the question is by how much. You are free to ban me if you do not like that opinion, but I stand by what I said to the Sanderson Coach.

Mike, you are being extremely unfair to me. I am only doing what Coach Shelton wanted people to do, which was post about teams other than Richland, Strawn, Benjamin, etc. In my opinion, Sanderson is going to beat Richland Springs in the D2 state game.

I guess you like the Sanderson Coach, which is fine with me, but I would appreciate a little more impartiality. Sanderson is going to beat Marfa tonight, the question is by how much. You are free to ban me if you do not like that opinion, but I stand by what I said to the Sanderson Coach.

Coach Shelton never even posted in this thread, which pretty much proves the point that you're just trying to provoke some sort of response from him. Also, in the post you're referring to he never said anything about Strawn, Benjamin or any other school besides Richland Springs for that matter. I don't know that coach, personally, and I'm not sure I've ever even had a conversation with him. I couldn't agree more with the sentiment of the post of his that you're referring too, though.

Who said anything about a ban? I don't want to ban anyone. I'm just pointing out that these kinds of argumentative posts, trying to provoke some sort of reply, aren't necessary or wanted, at least by me. Go back and read all of your posts. A vast majority of your recent posts on this site are argumentative in nature...yet you're still here...and I'm being unfair?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way. Let's just call this the end of it. Any further posts unrelated to the topic at hand will result in folks being banned from replying to this topic.

We will agree to disagree. I watched the recap video from last night game. I encourage others to do the same. NFHS has the game in the archive btw.

I will agree this was a match up of two top 5 teams.

What’s games are worth going tonight?
May? I don’t know anything about the Austin School.

What’s games are worth going tonight?
May? I don’t know anything about the Austin School.
I’m on the way to Union Hill. I think Union Hill is better than their rating and playing Burkeville who is new to six-man. Could be a good game or who knows. Opinion after game.

I was also at the JB-WB game and can agree completely with a bad night for the officials. From my angle, I thought the JB player touched the kickoff before the WB player did. The knee on the ground by the JB player was absolutely a bad call. I thought the line official on the JB sideline blew his whistle because he at least had an angle to see the play while the white hat did not. I really thought if the officials had huddled that they would call it inadvertant and replay the kickoff. By the way, the knee was closer to four inches off of the ground than a foot. The worst call of the night was the illegal forward pass in the fourth quarter. I didn't think the lateral was forward, but the white hat walked the ten yards past the line of scrimmage to throw his flag at the spot of the lateral, then he went back to the line of scrimmage and marked off fifteen yards plus the loss of down. Way too much penalty for the penalty.

I was also at the JB-WB game and can agree completely with a bad night for the officials. From my angle, I thought the JB player touched the kickoff before the WB player did. The knee on the ground by the JB player was absolutely a bad call. I thought the line official on the JB sideline blew his whistle because he at least had an angle to see the play while the white hat did not. I really thought if the officials had huddled that they would call it inadvertant and replay the kickoff. By the way, the knee was closer to four inches off of the ground than a foot. The worst call of the night was the illegal forward pass in the fourth quarter. I didn't think the lateral was forward, but the white hat walked the ten yards past the line of scrimmage to throw his flag at the spot of the lateral, then he went back to the line of scrimmage and marked off fifteen yards plus the loss of down. Way too much penalty for the penalty.
I can agree with this because I didn’t really agree with the knee touching but then again when you grow your grass out 6” to slow a team down then calls like that will happen because to me it’s hard to see if that knee was on the ground or not due to the length of the grass. But I’ll say it again great game by both teams.

Not the best image but knee is clearly down.

Almost a foot off the turf. Haha

Let’s talk about the on side kick that was ruled in WB favor. If this page would let me I would post the onside kick video. The kid from JB touched the ball with his foot 12 yards. Need to see the entire video to see the whole picture.

22A75F5F-C446-4EF5-BE93-68B6185C90F8.jpg

Attachments

• 71EE1876-7C14-4DB3-9C95-C558F21B07CE.jpg
    71EE1876-7C14-4DB3-9C95-C558F21B07CE.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 10
Back