Gainesville and Giddings

Dirty Bay appreciate you and your posts and you got my interested in following Baytown this year.

BUT, in our school we really dont. Last year we played the state game with 14 players. Our school has a lot of foreign exchange students so the math isnt there. We played 11 man my sons 8th grade year and I think we had 16 on varsity if I recall. Some of the TAPPS school in Dallas have 40-50 players. One day maybe but right now its not.

Further to the rest of the board i have over reacted to this situation, I apologize. I also apologize to the coach at Gainesville and I wish them the best the rest of the year.

Lionsbacker":g3imwsr2 said:
Dirty Bay appreciate you and your posts and you got my interested in following Baytown this year.

BUT, in our school we really dont. Last year we played the state game with 14 players. Our school has a lot of foreign exchange students so the math isnt there. We played 11 man my sons 8th grade year and I think we had 16 on varsity if I recall. Some of the TAPPS school in Dallas have 40-50 players. One day maybe but right now its not.

Further to the rest of the board i have over reacted to this situation, I apologize. I also apologize to the coach at Gainesville and I wish them the best the rest of the year.

There are many schools in the same boat that on record show to have high enrollment but most are exchange students. Keeps those schools in larger divisions but also makes you better as a team. Playing tougher opponents with more kids to choose from pushes your players and coaches. Props to Lutheran and the coaching staff for keeping that program on top.

Dirtybay baytown is looking good and should be interesting to see who they match up with come playoff time. Looks like could be both Fredericksburg and Cedar Park both of which are top 3 in D3. Interested to see the spreads on those matchups.

Has there ever been a rule that if you have a certain number of players on a roster you have to play 11 man and if so what is that number? Just curious.

Good conversation though.

-War Eagle

WarEagle":3ilacbys said:
Has there ever been a rule that if you have a certain number of players on a roster you have to play 11 man and if so what is that number? Just curious.

Good conversation though.

-War Eagle

TAPPS used to have a number limit (similar or just over the UIL limit), but I believe it was removed a couple years ago, so schools such as Houston Emery Weiner could compete in district.

With enrollments that fluctuate, it's hard to decide at what number you should be playing 11 man football. When I was an AD, my feeling was that a school would have to be able to turn out 30 boys on a recurring basis (multiple years) before thinking of making the switch from 6 man to 11 man. Of course, at Seguin Lifegate, that decision was a theoretical one, since we really never were going to grow that much.

Back