Fulton vs. Tyler Street

I say Tyler Street has lost alot of good players over the years, and I believe that they are a very young team. They will be better as their younger players get more gametime experience. I say that if Tyler Street plays them close, then Heath isn't as good as I hear. However, I believe it will be over by halftime.

coachpeters":ltzh6u8s said:
I say Fulton dethrones the Street this week as district champs. Fulton 56-Tyler Street 20.

what say you!

nice call coach peters! Fulton 60 Tyler Street 12...maybe you should invest in a career in prognostication!

did anyone go to this game? i was at the other rockwall area sixman game...any details?

no thanks! I had a feeling about Fulton... don't know much of the kids there now, but I do know Coach Johnson is a very fine coach.
I'm happy for the big win for him last night but they still have to finish the rest of their schedule.
good job Fulton! keep it up....

While all sorts of folks are jawboning about Dickinson and Alvin, all of a sudden, Heath Fulton is kicking ... and taking names.

May be a concern in about 5-9 weeks from now for some folks.

No disrespect but I cant help myself, a team looks pretty good against inferior teams. Maybe my standards are too high as to the level of competition that we judge ourselves. Play a serious D1 team, then make a judgement call on the ability of the team. I just don't see how you can see that Fulton might be a force this year or almost anyone for that matter.

Fulton has several new transfers that will carry them a VERY VERY long ways in the playoffs. One of the newbies is a 6ft 5in receiver that's darn good. They also have a huge RB that's a load to bring down. Fulton is a very solid football team.
Fulton is good and WILL do alot of damage come playoff time.

Way I see it is,
They will win district 2...
They will play the District 4-3rd place team (PD, Living Stones, Orange Comm, Brenham Chr.)
They SHOULD win that ball game.

Next they would play WF ND-or-Happy Hill-or-Denton Calvary / Lifegate-or-Castle Hills winner.
This match-up could give Folton -SOME- problems but they should prevail.
I'm thinking WF ND will finish here. (but I've been known to be wrong)

Next game I see Fulton going up against the winner of Boerne Geneva /District 4 Champ.
This game will be a battle, no matter who is playing who..
Boerne Geneva is VERY VERY VERY GOOD.. scouted them two times... THEY WILL GIVE EVERYONE PROBLEMS..

Then next game would be (The Machine) Fredericksburg Heritage...

Box Dad":lj6xh7rr said:
No disrespect but I cant help myself, a team looks pretty good against inferior teams. Maybe my standards are too high as to the level of competition that we judge ourselves. Play a serious D1 team, then make a judgement call on the ability of the team. I just don't see how you can see that Fulton might be a force this year or almost anyone for that matter.

i get so tired of the "who have they played" talk. you make a schedule and play it...that's it. you still have to beat the team your playing. you never know in sixman whos going to be really good until things get rolling anyway, especially in private school ball. fulton has played everyone on their schedule, and played them well. that's all you can ask of the team. when it comes to playoffs, maybe theyll be tested, maybe not. but like lifegate says, "that's why we play the games."

Lazy, I somewhat agree. I think you can know that a D1 team will probably be a better team then a D2 team for the most part. And I don't think you need to stack your schedule with super teams, sometimes it's nice to win. And I totally agree that you play the schedule you have, and you are better then the teams you beat. However the truth remains that you can not accurately judge the potentiality (awesomeness) of a team based on playing weaker teams that don't present a monster challenge.

So just as you are "tired" of the who have they played talk, I get a little frustrated at "Living Stones is totally great this year" or PD or Fulton.
Maybe my standards are too high. When I hear that someone has a great team I think they could compete in the D1 level and win, that would be my definition of a great team.

Back