Forum rules added/modified

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
I'd like to kick this post off by quoting just a few portions from one of @granger's posts from less than two years ago...

Listen, this is getting out of hand. As I have stated many times, I would expect the adults to enter the room at any moment, but NO, this pettiness in and around Richland Springs continues.

This is NOT the forum for this.

In the coming weeks, if you share usernames with people, beware. If you run multiple accounts, beware.

I did not intend for this to be the place to bash people. It was to build a community.

I'm not sure if there was an actual list of rules in the past, but I just wanted to take a bit to make everyone aware that, effective immediately, there is a new set of rules that members will be required to follow in order to participate in these forums. I don't think any of this is too strict or too much to ask. If you can't follow these simple rules, at least don't get upset when you find your account suspended or banned.

Anyways, I've copied the rules here, as they were written at the time of this post, but you can always check the terms and rules page to see the current version.

SixManFootball.com Forum Rules​

As with any community, rules and guidelines are important to keep the community running smoothly. We've created the following rules in order to make a positive experience for other members and guests.

Access to this community is a privilege, and not a right. Members who continually violate these rules may have their account temporarily or permanently suspended or banned, regardless of their previous contributions to the site.

1. SixManFootball.com's forums should be viewed as a family oriented community. As such, do not post anything which may be inappropriate for children. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive profanity, sexual or illicit content, abusive, threatening, hateful, provocative, or vulgar content, links to websites containing inappropriate or illegal material, or otherwise illegal content.
  2. Be courteous and respectful to your fellow members and guests. Personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. User's opinions will vary and differing opinions should not be taken personally. If you have an issue with another user, and are unable to reply to their posts in a civilized and constructive manner, please ignore that user.
  3. If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message. Do not respond. Doing so will simply make the situation worse. If someone attacks you, and you respond aggressively, you will both be warned regardless of how it started.
  4. All posts should be constructive and on topic. Off topic posts will be moved or deleted.
  5. Do not solicit members via private conversations unless direct communication is invited. If you received an unwanted private conversation, please report that message.
  6. Do not post referral, affiliate, or self-promotional links, even if the site you're linking to does not directly compete with us.
  7. Personal information and private conversations may not be posted publicly unless it's clear that everyone involved consents.
  8. If a moderator or staff member takes action or posts a directive, you must comply. If you take issue with, or have a question about, a moderator's decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through our contact system. Posts discussing moderator actions may be removed.
  9. Each user may only have one account. If multiple accounts are found, both accounts may be merged, removed, or banned.

I'd like to kick this post off by quoting just a few portions from one of @granger's posts from less than two years ago...

I'm not sure if there was an actual list of rules in the past, but I just wanted to take a bit to make everyone aware that, effective immediately, there is a new set of rules that members will be required to follow in order to participate in these forums. I don't think any of this is too strict or too much to ask. If you can't follow these simple rules, at least don't get upset when you find your account suspended or banned.

Anyways, I've copied the rules here, as they were written at the time of this post, but you can always check the terms and rules page to see the current version.
Glad to see this!!! As always, good luck to all coaches, teams, and players this year!!!

Because of how quickly things escalated last night, I wanted to take a minute to reiterate these rules, specifically rules #2 and #3, and even more specifically, the last sentence in each. Following these two simple rules could have prevented everything that happened. At the time of this posting, those lines are as follows:

2. ... If you have an issue with another user, and are unable to reply to their posts in a civilized and constructive manner, please ignore that user.
3. ... If someone attacks you, and you respond aggressively, you will both be warned regardless of how it started.

Also, just to make it clear, this doesn't necessarily mean ignore them as in read what they say and forget about it. There is actually an ignore feature built in to the site that will hide messages of all members who you ignore.

Here's a screenshot of where you can find that button:

ignore-screenshot.jpg

So I just wanted to bump this up again for a few reasons.

First, I just want to make sure everyone is clear on the rules, specifically the part about vulgar language. Although everyone's definition of this is probably different, I think a good rule of thumb would be to decide whether you think that what you're saying would be acceptable for a high school student to say out loud in most classrooms.

Second, while I do appreciate (and encourage) folks who report objectionable content, please make sure it is in violation of the rules before you report it. Just because someone uses a word that you wouldn't use doesn't mean they're violating the rules. Everyone speaks differently and everyone has a different list of "bad words". If you find someone's language to be too offensive, but think it might not be in violation of the rules, the best course of action is probably to just place that member on "ignore". You can see where to do that in the post just before this one.

Awesome rule change would be no more anonymous accounts. Its become increasingly difficult as a coach to find games or actually discuss football topics when Robert12387 and Danny2024 wanna air out every schools dirty laundry and it knocks our topics down. I don't know if this site is for old men to fight or coaches/media members/fans.

Awesome rule change would be no more anonymous accounts. Its become increasingly difficult as a coach to find games or actually discuss football topics when Robert12387 and Danny2024 wanna air out every schools dirty laundry and it knocks our topics down. I don't know if this site is for old men to fight or coaches/media members/fans.

Probably not very practical, honestly. I definitely wouldn't want to be the one verifying everyone's account.

Ok, folks, here's the deal. In the past several months I think there's been an uptick in the amount of negative and, frankly, useless posts on these forums. So, again, I'm going to point out a few key parts of the rules that I think some of you folks have been overlooking. Keep in mind this is straight out of the terms and rules that each of you had to agree to in order to have an account and post anything on this site.

--

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

SixManFootball.com's forums should be viewed as a family oriented community. As such, do not post anything which may be inappropriate for children. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive profanity, sexual or illicit content, abusive, threatening, hateful, provocative, or vulgar content, links to websites containing inappropriate or illegal material, or otherwise illegal content.

Be courteous and respectful to your fellow members and guests. Personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable.

--

Consider this your warning, folks, and assume if this post upsets you, then I'm more than likely talking to you. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

This site is meant to be a resource for folks to share information about six-man football. It's not meant to be a place to bash coaches, players or other fans of the game. Correction...it won't be used as a place to bash coaches, players or other fans of the game. Talk about a terrible play call, or a bad game plan, but gone are the days of just outright bashing someone because of where they coach, why they coach there or any outright lies. Negative posts about players will be removed without question. I understand all you fans won't be able to get along and will almost never agree, but you can at least be respectful of one another. You're all here for the same reason...to find/share info about your team and to let the world know y'all plan on laying the smack down on this week's opponent.

I'm not saying it all has to be rainbows and butterflies around here, but there are lines that shouldn't be crossed. If you're about to post a message and you think it might not be acceptable, edit it before you post it. Folks who consistently cross the line, and have to have their posts removed, will be permanently banned from the site. Again, this is the warning...if you don't like it, leave.

Correction...it won't be used as a place to bash coaches, players or other fans of the game. Talk about a terrible play call, or a bad game plan, but gone are the days of just outright bashing someone because of where they coach, why they coach there or any outright lies.

iu

Since there's been a recent uptick in folks creating alternate accounts, I just wanted to draw special attention to rule #9:

Each user may only have one account. If multiple accounts are found, both accounts may be merged, removed, or banned.

More specifically, I want to bring attention to the part that says "may be merged". What this means is that for those of you who are creating new accounts to talk crap and keep from making your old account look bad, the posts that you make with your new account, will be merged into your old account so that the posts will show who they're really from.

Since there's been a recent uptick in folks creating alternate accounts, I just wanted to draw special attention to rule #9:

More specifically, I want to bring attention to the part that says "may be merged". What this means is that for those of you who are creating new accounts to talk crap and keep from making your old account look bad, the posts that you make with your new account, will be merged into your old account so that the posts will show who they're really from.
Thank you because it’s getting ridiculous!

In light of some recent posts, and in order to keep this site in line with the UIL's media policy, I have modified the terms and rules on this site. The only change was to add the following line:

Posts promoting, in any way, the use of alcohol, tobacco, gambling, political issues or candidates, or generally lewd subject matter are not allowed.

In light of some recent posts, and in order to keep this site in line with the UIL's media policy, I have modified the terms and rules on this site. The only change was to add the following line:

Posts promoting, in any way, the use of alcohol, tobacco, gambling, political issues or candidates, or generally lewd subject matter are not allowed.
You mean I can’t promote Beto and Kamala on this site?
I guess that would be lewd subject matter.

Back