Fort Worth Covenant Christian Wins Championship on 40 Yard Field Goal !

I think I'd of been stunned as a fan on either side, or as a Coach or Player. Even if I was the one who kicked it. This ain't the NFL or NCAA. A Forty Yard Field Goal in 6 Man is still astounding to me, much less to win a Championship game. I've been watching the game for 30 years now, never seen a field goal period.

Any FG in sixman is amazing! Congrats to the kid and team that kicked it.

I know Cherokee kicked a fairly long FG against Blanket during a regular season game in 2007. Highland made a FG during a state game at Shotwell that I attended live. I think Borden County won something like 24 to 14.

Any FG in sixman is amazing! Congrats to the kid and team that kicked it.

I know Cherokee kicked a fairly long FG against Blanket during a regular season game in 2007. Highland made a FG during a state game at Shotwell that I attended live. I think Borden County won something like 24 to 14.
It was Borden County who kicked the field goal in the 2009 DII state champioship game in the first half. The half time score was 12-8. Borden county won teh game 28-14.

Last edited:
Lueders Avoca kicked a field goal against Strawn way back in 1969. Strawn won the game anyhow. Don Hardin was playing on that Lueders team. Victor Salazar and Steven Nunez led the Greyhounds that year.

I completely forgot about this one...1994 Regional playoff game Amherst tied Meadow 12-12 with a long FG as time expired and advanced on penetration points.
You already know this, but for others. This was the first of two years winning state with the great Dewayne Miles leading the way.

Back