Forfeit Question

Klaactu

Six-man fan
Are there other possible outcomes to the postponing of the 1A Division 2 Championship game? I see these possibilities.
1. The game is played before or on Jan. 16, 2021.
2. One or both teams still have Covid to deal with and the teams are declared Co-State champs.
3. Balmorhea, having instigated the forfeit, is given a loss and Richland Springs wins state if Balmorhea is unable to play by 1/16/21.
4. If the winner is decided by the teams won/loss record, Balmorhea has one loss and Richland Springs is undefeated this year.

What other possibilities can you think of?

Well since 2020 has given us the ultimate rule, there are no rules! Anyything can happen I think they should just let the kids quarantine 2 weeks and then go let them play! just kids playing ball! Winner take all!

All the D1 coaches vote to determine the winner

Tug-o-war (can be easily accomplished from at least 6 feet apart)

In reality, the UIL (and the teams) want to play this game. Sure there's a January 16th deadline, but that could change.

Klaactu":ekkv4p49 said:
Are there other possible outcomes to the postponing of the 1A Division 2 Championship game? I see these possibilities.
1. The game is played before or on Jan. 16, 2021.
2. One or both teams still have Covid to deal with and the teams are declared Co-State champs.
3. Balmorhea, having instigated the forfeit, is given a loss and Richland Springs wins state if Balmorhea is unable to play by 1/16/21.
4. If the winner is decided by the teams won/loss record, Balmorhea has one loss and Richland Springs is undefeated this year.

What other possibilities can you think of?

I heard UIL probably will make sure its hadled fair for all involved lol ill leave it to them.

I hope there is a game. If it can be done safely. Coach Jones is in a high risk category simply because of his age. 3000 people a day are dying from covid here in the USA. A forfeit's better than even one more funeral.

Play it on Jan. 2, the weekend heading back into school. With the new rules for quarantine, it is only 10 days now. If they are not opposed to playing during the week, play it on Dec. 28, 29, 30, or 31. The game will be made up.

Back