Final Week Showdowns

rainjacktx

Six-man fan
There are several decisive games being played in this last week of the football season. These are going down in my proverbial backyard:

Follett - Lefors: FYI, it's pronounced LEE-force, not luh-FORZ. This is for 1-2 in district. The Toy has this picked as a much, much closer contest than I would have thought. I think Follett beats the spread by about 20.

Nazereth - Anton: Another game for 1-2. The toy has this Naz favored by 25. If Anton can wear Naz down - it could be close game as Naz doesn't have a deep bench.

Motley County - Southland: This a go-on or go-home game. I agree with The Toy - MC wins this and sends Southland home early.

Silverton - Groom: Another go-on or go-home game. The Owls have shocked me, and a lot of others, with how well they have played this season. The Toy has Silverton picked as 21 point favorites. This game should be much closer than that. I will not pick a winner for this game as that would be the kiss of death for Silverton.

Blum at Avalon

This game is for the District 13 championship. The toy has Avalon as a 15 point underdog in the game. Blum has been rolling the last few weeks, but don't count out Avalon. They have 45'ed 4 out of their last 5 opponents. Their only losses on the season are to Rockwall Heritage, Jonesboro, and a 2 pt loss to Walnut Springs.

Don't get me wrong, I think Blum wins, but I expect it to be a little closer.

I really feel the need to post a reply about the Avalon / Blum game. I've never witnessed a worse officiated game than that one! I'm sorry, but that was just SO wrong. Clearly, Blum should have won the game. I'm a die hard Owl fan, but no one likes to see a team lose this way... I hope that the officiating will be fair and just for the playoffs. Let the kids play and may the best team win! I truly appreciate the job refs do week in and week out, but let's be honest and fair for ALL the kids. Okay, rant over... Looking forward to the playoffs!

Back