Field question

I have a question for coaches or administrator or someone else who has experience in maintenance of your school field. Aquilla isd is trying to pass a bond in May to build their version of a little Jerry World. My question is at a town hall meeting last night the administration and coaches said they spend $55k a year maintain the current football field. My jaw dropped at this #, Is that what schools are spending? I mean that is almost $5k a month! That's more than what our teachers make, except our PE teacher. Am I being unreasonable, or is that number excessive? Please let me know thank you.

I have a question for coaches or administrator or someone else who has experience in maintenance of your school field. Aquilla isd is trying to pass a bond in May to build their version of a little Jerry World. My question is at a town hall meeting last night the administration and coaches said they spend $55k a year maintain the current football field. My jaw dropped at this #, Is that what schools are spending? I mean that is almost $5k a month! That's more than what our teachers make, except our PE teacher. Am I being unreasonable, or is that number excessive? Please let me know thank you.
Takes money to make money. I like the idea. Coaches/teachers sign a contract so they know what they're getting into.
Minus RS (and now other schools) who hire TA's, custodial(May), maintenance, secretaries/admin, cafeteria, that have a couple of boys for their benefit (Valley boys, San Saba, cough cough...) though RS did make their mom the head girls bball coach (as a TA). Loopholes
*But no, it shouldn't cost $55k at all to maintain a field. If they're making a "Jerry World" yes, I would assume the price would go up.

Aquilla has a very nice grass playing surface. I'm sure it is expensive to maintain it. That includes mowing, watering, fertilizer, seeding, air raiding, and striping. Plus paying the maintenance worker. So, over a period of ten years the cost could be $550,000. Which you could install turf at that price.

So ask those coaches and administration czars for an itemized list of the football field expenditures for the last three years. If you are a taxpayer you can demand proof on how Your Money is being spent. Hold the school board responsible for more than holding down a chair! If they can get up and lie to the public maybe they can fudge and forge some figures and list it for all to see.

Aquilla has a very nice grass playing surface. I'm sure it is expensive to maintain it. That includes mowing, watering, fertilizer, seeding, air raiding, and striping. Plus paying the maintenance worker. So, over a period of ten years the cost could be $550,000. Which you could install turf at that price.
Almost $5k a month! If you don't mind me asking, what does your school spend a year for field maintenance?

We spend close to that on our field. Not sure what the exact dollar amount is, but once you factor in the fertilizer and other treatments, top dressing the field and all associated costs with that, the cost of water to keep that field nice and green, paint, and fuel to run the mowers. It all adds up very quickly.

Back