Favorite Guitarists

There was an article about Chinese Democracy in the new Rolling Stone magazine. Sebastian Bach (who's opening for Guns N' Roses on the North American tour) said Axl played the entire album at his mansion for guests on September 23 and he also mentioned a song called "Sorry" which Bach says is "...almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is f*cking mean."<P>Sounds good. Guns N' Roses manager neither confirmed or denied the November 21 release date, but said you may walk into the store one Tuesday and see it there.

Sweet man, i dont know how yals calendar looks for the rest of the year, but were pretty much booked for everything we can do in 06. <P>Im starting to get shows lined up for the start of the new year now and in Waco the best place to play is Treff's, I really think yal would go over great with the rock crowd they have. Im wanting to get another gig booked up there for sometime in mid to late January. Ill message yal on myspace when I get something worked up.

I've always hated Audioslave...but to say that politics and music is boring....I mean, c'mon. Think about all the great Metallica songs that deal with politics. You can't say that they are boring!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Devil ex machina:<BR><STRONG>Maybe so, but you have to at admit that Audioslave is way more political than any other rock band in the past 15 years... Maybe ever...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>4 Words:<P>Rage Against the Machine

Why would you hate Audioslave??? I can understand not liking Tom Morello for whatever reason you see fit( be it the Night Watchmen solo act or his wah pedal that he feels the need to use in every song).<P>But the marriage of Rage Against the Machine to Chris Cornell is probably going to go down as the most succesful supergroup ever. I mean Velvet Revolver is an amazing band but the chances of Weiland staying clean the rest of this week are slim to none, let alone long enough to put out three albums!<P>Chris Cornell is still the best vocalist in Rock music and Commerford and Wilkins are as solid a rhythm section as there is. Morello is like I said earlier to obssesed with that d@mn wah, but has produced great riffs that stand up to the stuff he did in Rage. <P>Cochise and "Show me how to Live" are going to go down as classics along with a few others. <P>If you dont like Audioslave then you simply dont like Rock music, which is fine. Ive seen from alot of your other posts your mostly into all the different casserole dishes of Metal. But you have to ask yourself a question.....do those metal bands you like have the talent to transcend and cross the borders of music like the guys from audioslave? Rage was as close to a punk band as we were going to see in the 90's and Soundgarden was an Alternative/Grunge/Experimental powerhouse. Now theyve takin things from each band and made something musically and lyrically meaningful.<P>But back to the political rock or metal. I think as long as you can get your point across in a song without making yourself seem totally out of touch with what is going on in the real world(and not just the real world these guys see from CNN inside there multi-million dollar mansions in some canyon in the Hollywood Hills), then there is definately merit to it. Rages "Killing in the name of" is still one of my favorite songs, and its about as left winged- hippified-hate the establsihment- and white man- songs there are.<P>I know I jumped on the Audio band wagon there but hey wadda you do.<P>Johnny Boy you really do kick @ss tho any kid who already knows the ins and outs of metal like you do no doubt rips

well...thanks...lol "useless" Info kinda sticks w/ ya when all ya do 75% of your life is listen to and play music.... and I figgure if I wanna make a career out of it I might as well know the history...but people on this thread have really opened my eyes to how much I have to learn about every genre...and of course, how narrow-minded people can be.<P>Rock On!

I like audioslave alright, for so-called "alternative rock" although that damn "doesnt remind me" song is super duper boring.<P>Saw a fantastic 80's style band the other night, opening for hinder...www.myspace.com/lynam. Bought the album. Kinda like Faster *****cat circa 1988, but with actual hooks...check it out!

yeah I sam Lynam at Grahams here in Waco with Hinder or Black Stone Cherry they were pretty d@mn good man.<P>Yal must get the same circuit of bands rolling through Angelo that we get here in Waco.<P>Does yals Grahams support live rock music? The one here in Waco has finally stepped up and has become a pretty good venue.

Last I heard about rock in the Angelo scene was at The Steele Penny! It still open down there? It has been a while since I was in Angelo though. I heard Mejor Que Nada is only open at night and that Henry's closed down. Is this all correct?

I don't know about the San Angelo business, but I hear Mr. Tonight is going to be kickin some tail and melting some faces tomorrow night at Rocky Larue's in Lubbock.

Influence: Stevie Ray Vaughn<BR>Technical: Eric Johnson<BR>Emotion: Carlos Santana<BR>Speed: Eddie Van Halen<BR>Sheer Talent: Joe Walsh<P>Finally, a topic near and dear to my heart. SRV, Johnson, Billy Gibbons and a ton of bluesmen, all Texans and great. A six man vet, Seth James, is said to be a fair axman.

Lol, the difference between Waco and Austin in so many different aspects can be summed up like this.....your bumper stickers say "Keep Austin Weird"......Ours say nothing because the Conservative Baptists look at bumper stickers as grafiti, and well thats not exactly becoming of a young person.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Thursday, December 14th 2006<BR>An open letter to our fans:<P><BR>Guns N’ Roses regrets to announce that the following concert tour dates have been cancelled:<P>January 10th Sacramento<P>January 11th Bakersfield<P>January 13th Reno<P>January 16th San Diego<P>Due to the schedule of these particular shows valuable time needed by the band and record company for the proper setup and release of the album Chinese Democracy would be lost. Rather than delay the album yet again all involved have decided to remove these shows from GNR’s schedule. We sincerely hope our fans understand and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone. Tickets may be refunded at local point of purchase.<P>To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement. Overcoming the endless and seemingly insanity of the obstacles faced by all involved, not withstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone: the fans, the band, our road crew and business team has at many times seemed for all like a bad dream where one wakes up only to find they are still in the nightmare and unfortunately this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life.<P>The true ongoing behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time some form or another of legalities have been taking place that really the best way to deal with publicly was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome and especially one that wouldn’t jeopardize the band or the album. One can easily point to how others have done things or how they themselves feel that they would were they in the same situations but without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, again these types of comments or commentary are uninformed, outside, generally useless and often hindering speculation.<P>When I agreed to do our recent North American tour I agreed with the understanding that I and my manager Merck Mercuriadis were in full agreement as to our strategy, touring plans and most importantly that any and all things needed to release the album at the latest by Dec. 26th were to be in place. Unfortunately this turned out not to be the case and not only do I regret to say that again the album will not be released by the end of the year but that though many things went extremely well and were very exciting there were in our opinion unnecessary and avoidable complications on our tour having to do with the tour routing, scheduling and album and video plans that played **** on all involved especially our crew. This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew and each individual’s particular expertise that has resulted unfortunately in the end of both Guns and my relationship in having a management or sense of band involvement with Merck Mercuriadis.<P>In regard to a release date for the album itself certain minor and by that I do mean minor things and or additions as well as contract negotiations need to be completed and barring any unforeseen complications these things have now been adequately scheduled. Both the band and I along with our record company feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion not the “13 Tuesdays leftâ€

Back