End of oil boom effect?

RogueEconomist

11-man fan
Anyone care to speculate how many schools will go six man over the next couple realignments as it appears that the west Texas oil boom is in full retreat. If the sanctions on Iran are lifted, some in the know say we could see oil in the 30s a barrel range. When the oil field workers exit, the support jobs go too. What schools could we pick up?

This oil boom was a little different. Not many families moved to west Texas. There were a lot of man camps. It's not like a lot of schools had an enrollment increase and went 11man. I don't see any west Texas schools coming to sixman at this next realignment. Bronte is the only maybe.

I don't see a lot of slowdown yet. My brother says they are drilling some new wells on them but just not pumping until prices get back up. At least that's what what they are doing on their wells.

Old Bearkat":vgftu7wk said:
Those families that did move to West Texas moved to Midland, Odessa, and San Angelo.
As the OBK would be quick to tell you, he thinks that bodes well for the WV. As for Bronte coming to Sixman... I've always heard that hell would freeze over first; but didn't they say that about Nazareth?

WV Backer":1b6aq622 said:
Old Bearkat":1b6aq622 said:
Those families that did move to West Texas moved to Midland, Odessa, and San Angelo.
As the OBK would be quick to tell you, he thinks that bodes well for the WV. As for Bronte coming to Sixman... I've always heard that hell would freeze over first; but didn't they say that about Nazareth?
As far as what the temperatures are looking like right now, it may be at least another year before Bronte comes around.

I know this subject will probably set OBK off but the effects of the wind mill boom is helping some sixman towns. As in coaching salaries, the schools themselves, facilities.

WV Backer":1j6njb6x said:
Old Bearkat":1j6njb6x said:

After playing one 6 man game last year, and not having the world end, I'd bet Bronte will go 6 man in 2016.

Also, as much as I enjoy teasing WV folks about being Angelo refugees, it does not look like they are in any danger of becoming the next Christoval, Mertzon, or Forsan.

51eleven":2ykphbq3 said:
I know this subject will probably set OBK off but the effects of the wind mill boom is helping some sixman towns. As in coaching salaries, the schools themselves, facilities.

In the terminology of the enviro-whackos, the windmill boom is simply "not sustainable. "

Back