Emery Wiener vs Baytown Christian

DirtyBayBulldog

11-man fan
This is a big matchup between what I believe is two State caliber teams.

I got a chance to watch a Emery game this year and came away impressed at the speed of their defense. Guys flew around and smothered the offense.
Emery offense is solid in the run game which set up a lot of timely receptions.

Baytown is Baytown, they are going to pound the ball play and play and sneak a pass in. Their defense still gets after you and will make you earn your scores.

If Baytown is able to avoid a slow start offensively then I favor them in a victory. If not, then Emery could win this game by 3 scores.

Thoughts?

Very very excited for this matchup, two undefeated teams one comes home with the loss. No matter what both teams will come out winners because each team will see what they're made of. Very even matchup for sure could go either way and Emery has a shot to end Baytown's long win streak. Only thing that can sway the game is injuries, and I do believe both teams have some guys out. WIll Baytown have their quarterback and number one receiver in this one? #7 is a true speedster and can win this game for the bulldogs.

What do you guys think, so pumped for Saturday!

Anyone going to this game? Any chance we can get some updates posted? This should be a very good game. taking a look at some of their scores it should be well worth admission. Someone stated both teams are dealing with injuries so not sure if they are key players or role players. Looking forward to seeing the final on this one.

A hard fought game and not just saying that as lip service. Yes, both teams seem to have pregame scratches and the way both teams played, players had to take a few plays out to receive treatment.

The first half finished tilted to Emery. They made timely plays and answered everytime BCA got momentum. Their defense brought it. Stalling BCA run game. At half, the score was Emery 16 BCA 12.

Second half belonged to BCA. Their defense played lights out. BCA hammered it down the field on hard runs and then would break a long run.

I really enjoyed watching the game.

Have to say I didn’t see that coming. Baytown does have some size up front and they have a stout running game but i expected emery to exploit that. Looks to have been a good game.

I agree Dirty Bay. First half was back and forth but the second half BCA was dominant. The defense totally shut down the Emery offense and BCA offense did a great job of taking care of the football while basically having their way running the ball. Very impressive win. Congrats to BCA.

Emery came in with a great game plan to shut down the great Baytown power running game. Early on they were blitzing the inside gaps and getting good penetration. To change things up a bit, Baytown went to the spread game for a couple of series to loosen up the Emery defense and it worked for the moment but Baytown realized eventually they would have to go back to the run if they wanted to win the game. Ultimately, Baytown made adjustments and went back to the run and starting in the third quarter they began to impose their will on the Emery defense the rest of the game. Schematically, Emery had a good game plan but they had no answer for Baytown's BIGS and their power running game. That #15 kid runs like a Mac truck and their BIGS are very athletic also.

On the other side of the ball, Baytown's defense stepped up and basically shut down the Emery offense. With the exception of one big pass play where the Baytown defender allowed the Emery receiver to beat him, Emery could not muster any offense. Baytown's depth played a key role on defense--it looks like they played about 12 different players on defense and really never missed a beat. The Baytown defense was also opportunistic, forcing 3 fumbles (returning one for a TD) and added one INT.

Baytown gets a BYE week this week which will allow them to get healthy and get geared up for the remainder of the season. Best of luck to both teams!

Emery vs. Baytown Christian has always been a pretty physical and energy filled game. Sounds like it was the same on Saturday night. Look for both teams to make some noise in district and playoff time.

Back