Eden Bulldogs

Schwarzenegger

11-man fan
I was driving through Eden the other day and I could of sworn their population sign said 2,000 and something? I don't know if my eyes are bad or what , but how in the world are you playing sixman if you have that kind of population? Please correct me if I'm wrong because I could of missed read the sign?

smokeyjoe53":aln61k2s said:
Maybe they count the crowbar hotel residents on the census........
Could be.....Eden is a city in Concho County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,766 at the 2010 census. About half of the population consists of inmates housed at the Eden Detention Center, a for-profit prison operated by Corrections Corporation of America under contract with the Federal Bureau of Prisons.(from Wikipedia)

I wrote a grant proprosal for concho & mcculloch counties 10 or so years ago and while I dont remember the exact numbers, I do remember that the cost per resident was about 5 times what it was in more populated counties. Also remember that the average age was well over 60. That could very well impact school numbers.

Playing sixman has everything to do with the number of kids in high school, not the population of the town that has the high school. I did not realize that the inmates were counted as part of the population of the town.

Blue Bird":1900fe9z said:
Playing sixman has everything to do with the number of kids in high school, not the population of the town that has the high school. I did not realize that the inmates were counted as part of the population of the town.

Blue Bird, population is usually a pretty good indicator of school numbers. It will vary some, but Eden does seem to be the exception to the rule. The town is fairly large for a six-man school. The older population could account for that.

Back