Does any team in North have a shot in state game in D3

Cougar1414

Six-man fan
With Seguin, Freddy and Baytown in south. It appears the state final will be a mercy rule final. Any other thoughts on the final matchup?

Cougar1414":2gp4n995 said:
With Seguin, Freddy and Baytown in south. It appears the state final will be a mercy rule final. Any other thoughts on the final matchup?

Ouch! Folks up North will not be pleased by this.

ND and Granbury?

ND had their shot at NCTA earlier this year.
Didn't turn out in their favor in a game with all offense, 94-82 loss.
Hard to beat a team twice in 1 year but I don't see anything getting in NCTA's way of a state championship game.
Neither team will want what's waiting for them out of the south bracket.
Seguins had an easy road with spring branch and orange this week.
Baytown and Freddy had a bye but now have the toughest game of any 2 teams in the D3 bracket so far.
Winner gets a ticket to face Seguin after turkey day. I'm sure neither team will be thrilled playing a well rested Seguin who's only seen few quarters of play in the playoffs.

Yea you guys are right...ND has about as much chance of winning it all as the Cubs have of winning the World Series. Or Trump becoming president. Glad that's over with. Should we just save everybody the travel time and give Seguin the trophy already?

A lot of football left to be played to be too worried about state finals matchups, I think. The south is definitely loaded and will most definitely be a favorite in any matchup.

Does the North have a shot? Why wouldn't they? The word "upset" wouldn't exist if unexpected outcomes didn't happen every now and then. I guess it always comes down to the odds of possible versus probable.

It's fun to make predictions, but in the end that's all they are. Guesses, both educated and not so educated. I think last year everybody was picking Granbury and Freddy to play for it all in DIII. ND & San Marcos ended up surprising more than a few people. I'm anxious to see who raises some eyebrows this year!

Good luck to all the teams left this week and beyond!

THEQB":2r08n9vx said:
Hard to beat a team twice in 1 year but I don't see anything getting in NCTA's way of a state championship game.
Baytown and Freddy had a bye but now have the toughest game of any 2 teams in the D3 bracket so far.
Winner gets a ticket to face Seguin after turkey day. I'm sure neither team will be thrilled playing a well rested Seguin who's only seen few quarters of play in the playoffs.

Sometimes rest and limited quality game action are a detriment to a team's chemistry on both sides of the ball.

THEQB":26ocmm2n said:

To your first point, I think ND & Granbury were both dynamic offensive teams. Since then, I also think both have improved on defense. If they do end up playing again in the semis, I expect a much lower scoring game, one that again will be decided by who wins the turnover battle.

I bet the folks in Baytown and Freddy will be thrilled with whomever shows up to play. I think anybody would be thrilled to still be playing football around Thanksgiving.

THEQB":1f2gvpoz said:

The ND, NCTA game was a very good game played by both teams. ND had two TDs called back and missed about 5 extra points. You do the math and tell me who wins that game. Last year NCTA dominated ND in regular season just to lose to them in the semis. ( I know weather was a factor, but both teams played in the same conditions).

WFfootballfan":3u020kvv said:
THEQB":3u020kvv said:

To your first point, I think ND & Granbury were both dynamic offensive teams. Since then, I also think both have improved on defense. If they do end up playing again in the semis, I expect a much lower scoring game, one that again will be decided by who wins the turnover battle.

I bet the folks in Baytown and Freddy will be thrilled with whomever shows up to play. I think anybody would be thrilled to still be playing football around Thanksgiving.

Yea I am sure Freddy or baytown will be thrilled to be playing Sequin, but not near as thrilled as they would be playing any of the teams from the North in the semis. Not taking anything away from them because they are in the position they are in now for a reason. Good athletes on both teams up there as well as in the South.

JustFootball45":2jml8f7k said:
THEQB":2jml8f7k said:

The ND, NCTA game was a very good game played by both teams. ND had two TDs called back and missed about 5 extra points. You do the math and tell me who wins that game. Last year NCTA dominated ND in regular season just to lose to them in the semis. ( I know weather was a factor, but both teams played in the same conditions).

Hard to play a PERFECT game. They missed too many field goals and that can't happen in the playoffs. NCTA didn't have any penalties or missed extra points that cost them points?
Both teams deal with weather so hard to debate that.
Either way when they play again the ticket will be well worth the admission.

you're correct NCTA had I think 3 penalties that game. None causing a TD to be taken off the board. It will be a hell of a game if they both make it there (which I have no doubts will happen) but don't count ND cause they lost to them once already.

Seguin, is the hands down favorite in either div 2 or 3. They seemed to be playing the best football and they seemed to be locked in. It would take a lot of luck from teams just to go 4 quarters with them. I say just give them the trophy and let everyone else for second place.

Cougar1414":19jswnpf said:
Seguin, is the hands down favorite in either div 2 or 3. They seemed to be playing the best football and they seemed to be locked in. It would take a lot of luck from teams just to go 4 quarters with them. I say just give them the trophy and let everyone else for second place.

No way man. Seguin will be watching the championship game from the bleachers this year.

Bold statement right there. Seguin vs fredy or baytown will more than likely favor seguin. I think Baytown has a far better shot at dethroning the Ttaps D2 #1 ranked falcons

Back