Div2 _District 7 might have a shakeup!!!

You might be right dogface I was just stating what alot of SC fans are feeling, still a little
disappointed in last years State game I am sure, but actually had a fan point a few things out to me
like how many teachers kids never ride the bench or schoolboard kids.

Last years team had a good ballplayer that didnt play offense just makes you wonder? When schoolboards kids did play.

I just wish the coaching staff could hear what the fans are saying it is alarming
I would have figured a winning coach would have the fan support not in SC just makes
me wonder thats all.

Sorry for expressing my opinions I will be careful in the future and if I hurt anyones feeling I am truly sorry
thats not what oldkicker had in mind.!!!!

You might be right dogface I was just stating what alot of SC fans are feeling, still a little
disappointed in last years State game I am sure, but actually had a fan point a few things out to me
like how many teachers kids never ride the bench or schoolboard kids.

Last years team had a good ballplayer that didnt play offense just makes you wonder? When schoolboards kids did play.

I just wish the coaching staff could hear what the fans are saying it is alarming
I would have figured a winning coach would have the fan support not in SC just makes
me wonder thats all.

Sorry for expressing my opinions I will be careful in the future and if I hurt anyones feeling I am truly sorry
thats not what oldkicker had in mind.!!!!

Thats just it, the parents or fans dont see the big picture. They see a "snap shot" either Thursday nights for the younger kids or Friday nights for the older kids. The fans see one competition and they think they are experts. They are not there day in and day out and do not have any clue as to why coaches make the decisions they do. All they can do is speculate. I know they also listen to the kids talk about why so and so is not playing but if you deal with kids on a daily basis, you KNOW they swing it in their favor every time. If you want to know why the coaches make the decisions they do, make an appointment bring this topic up. I would be willing to bet the conversation will be short. Why is it that everyone thinks they need to tell coaches what to do or the best way to do things. We dont go to the business place of the fans or parents and commence to tell them how to do their jobs, why must they insist doing it to us? It is our job and it is important to us. A coaches students ccan pass all the state exams every year and that looks really good for the school, but if a coach does not produce on the field or on the court, WINS, they are looking for a job!

This is doing SC no good. I think people need to stop and think about who actually reads the posts. Adults, yes, but the kids like to read this site. You know? Our players?? The ones you are referring to? Comments like the ones in this thread only make players doubt themselves and that will hurt our TEAM. Gripers will always be gripers. But, please stop and think about what your comments might do to the ones who are playing every Friday night.

Not trying to grip, just want the best for our boys. Yes I have a sheep skin on the wall to, but don't remeber football 101 in school. So our coach may get a pay check but that in no way makes him a pro

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the coaches and what they've done, NOTHING they do will bring harm to our team like these negative posts will. Positive breeds positive!!

To follow up, I believe the coaches have made positive changes for the Eagles. I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. I wish the best for this team, and I plan to be in Abilene come December! GO EAGLES!

Last year couldn't have been that bad.
I think they went to Abilene?
Oh,
That's right, I was there!
So tell all the Benedict Arnold
Guru's to STHU
OR GO TO COLLEGE AND GET YOUR OWN DAD BURN DEGREE!!

BAM!!

True sc fan":lawr8a3y said:
Not trying to grip, just want the best for our boys. Yes I have a sheep skin on the wall to, but don't remeber football 101 in school. So our coach may get a pay check but that in no way makes him a pro
Someone needs to tell this concession stand genius
that yes!
getting paid for your chosen profession
does in fact,
make you a Professional.

(Perhaps not an expert like at the concession stand or along the fence)
DOH!

oldkicker":273lgz8x said:
Everyone has a right to there opinions thats why we live in this great country,
we can all open our traps like it or not.
I will always believe in freedom of speech for and against, I just stated my opinion on how good Sterling City
could be, and it is my right to do so along with the rest of the fans in SC that dont care for the coach playing his
favorites yes I said it his favorites. Just go ask some SC fans they will tell you school board or teachers kid means something in this small town.

I really didnt mean to start a big quarrel just expressing my opinion!!!!!
Ya gotta love a good opinion!
It's like a sphincter.
Everyone has one and sometimes they stink.
Let's carry your concession stand wisdom
to the next level!
My wife has a lump (not really).
Oh but wait!
All I gotta do is go ask a couple of the Frito pie Bubba's
what I should really be doin
instead of what the professional thinks
I should do?
You moron's suck.

Well, I see the saturday morning quarterbacks now have a place online so they can second guess
the coaches and players even though they won. I remember when these old geezers met at the coffee shop and did the same things on saturday mornings. The difference is, online, all the coaches and players can see the BS that the a**holes are posting. But now these old poots hide behind screen names and continue to trash the teams. Anyone that used to be a coach knows that the last thing a young player needs is to hear is how bad they are doing. They are doing good enough to beat someone else out for that position or they would not be playing the positon they are.

In six man football, a smart coach builds for the future while he is winning in the current season.
This is happening in Sterling and I am proud of it.

Div2 District 7 Shake Up...You have created our only shake up OldKicker!
1. You've made people upset w/ the family whose kid you're defending
2. You've upset the parents of the child you dislike
3. You've created a distraction for the team
4. You've managed to make the school board, teachers & coaches mad
5. But mainly, you've hurt the confidence of a young player

If Sterling City loses to Loraine Friday, I hope you're there to hand them the trophy. You will have played a part in the Bulldog victory.(No disrespect to the hard working Bulldogs or their coaches) It is one thing to feel like a kid has not been given a chance, it's another thing to bash a kid that isn't your chosen one. Do you really think it's the kid in questions fault that your choice isn't being played? I know what it's like to make a decision that you feel is the best one for everyone & be criticized for it. Coaches, school board members & teachers know that there will always be people like you out there but give the kids a break. I am a school board member & I resent the remark that my child plays because of who I am! He has started for 4 years & has had 3 operations to prove it, he played in spite of who I was! I would have rather he played at least one year of JV for his health. Once again you are trying to raise doubts in a kids mind, whether it be mine, another board member's or a teacher's kid. I feel sure 99.9% of the people in this community are smarter than me & even I know which kids you are talking about. What kind of a coach would make a change now that you've started this, you have cemented the roster. I go to all the games & I haven't heard any "guru" complain about any "misplaced" kids. I feel strongly enough about my post to let you know who I am, #25 is my son & my # is 895-0446. I hope you feel strongly enough about your post to tell us who you are! If not, you should at least apologize to the Eagle team, one freshman in particular! I know you're big on "freedom of speech" but what kind of a man trashes a kid behind an alias? Don't you have a wounded dog you could beat instead?

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!! (All of them!)

I am truly sorry I didnt mean for it to blow up like this one thing lead to another I truly apolize to all the Eagles
and old 41 you are wrong gurus do talk they like to rehash the days of their glory and sometimes maybe flustration
does play part in their stories.

I have enjoyed watching the eagles play and didnt mean to let this get out of control please accept my apologizes.

Thank you for the apology Old Kicker now lets move on from this post it has really gotten out of hand

Eagles get ready to play some football and bring home another gold ball

We are behind you all the way all of you!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing about this is if the motive was to divide the town or team, the exact opposite just happened. These boys and townspeople just found more common ground than ever--to SUPPORT each and every Eagle player and coach!! There are no divisions here!!! Stronger than ever! GO EAGLES!!

Re: Div2 _District 7 might have a shakeup!!!
Not trying to [grip], just want the best for our boys. Yes I have a sheep skin on the wall to, but don't [remeber] football 101 in school. So our coach may get a pay check but that in no way makes him a pro

**No more than having a "Sheep Skin" on the wall makes you an intellect...**

My posts were in defense of the coaching staff.

As for true sc fan....

"Not trying to grip, just want the best for our boys. Yes I have a sheep skin on the wall to, but don't remeber football 101 in school. So our coach may get a pay check but that in no way makes him a pro"

If you majored or minored in the appropriate field, Kinesiology, then you would have had the option of taking classes that taught about football, basketball, track, volleyball, etc. As for learning 6 man, unfortunately there is not a class in college for that one. Either growing up playing it or learning it on the run by working under experienced head coaches such as Clyde Parham is how that works. I would work under his tutelage any day!

As for seeing Sterling City play from the opposing coaches sideline this year, when they are full strength, they are really good. There is not a weak link on that team. No matter who or their classification. I would be willing to say they will battle Richland again for the state championship if they are completely healthy.

i am just reading this line of thought and have a couple of things to mention but first let me state im not a coach, and im not from sc or there about....
i am a fan of small towns and 6 man football, and i have listened to the talk in many a stands as well as that on Saturday morning recap. played a bit but it was 11man and im here to tell you the basics are the same but that’s about it.

1st to the fans or the second guess coaches:

1 the person that wants to win the game most is the coach for you see when you are out doing your day to day activities he is thinking what if he had called a different play and oh what is going on this week and how can he put his kids in the position to win this week. They compete every week.

2 do you have any idea how many hours this man spends watching film over and over evaluating his team and the one he is going to play this next week. can you imagine what kind of employee or boss you could be if you were that dedicated to your own jobs

3 while you sit in the stands and shout what would have been the perfect play and who should have been playing where and how stupid it is to have made the wrong choice but you have the ability to make the decisions in hind site,, in the stands not at field level. who hears all this crap that is going on in the stands usually its the family ie wife of the coach. What would your wife do or say if someone were screaming about how you were performing your job. The coach doesnt hear it on the field he is into his job.

4 how would you like to have 20, 40, 50 people watching every decision you made and screaming at you as you make those choices.

5 you think that you have knowledge to coach ok

a)1st do you have a degree? how many of you are sitting on your hands now come on they wont hire you if you dont have a degree. if you dont you dont get to second guess because no school will hire you.
b)good if you made it here you have shown some initiative. now then lets see you go interview for an entry level teacher and coaching job and have an athletic director hire you and the school board and superintendent hire you. work for years on a limited income just figure the hourly wage
c) be successful with the kids you have to coach, that is beat the other teams who may have better clay to mold, and getting more out of your kids than some other coaches can
d) move up maybe move schools most likely a couple of times now you are a high school coach and be successful here to remember its not good enough to beat the teams you are suppose to it is required to beat the ones that better than your kids ... you see if you can only beat the ones you are suppose to you have people that are sure they can do as good if not better in the stands, along the fence, at the concession stand, or definitely Saturday morning at the coffee shop
e) finally get a head coaching job now you have to hire the coaches, that are total team players working all together to get the most from the kids..
oh guess what now you get to make the calls and each one is second guessed and your job depends on it. Are you dedicated enough to take this pounding? Then step up to the plate and tell us how it works out

why not put all this crap behind you.
stand up and make a change in yourself first be proud that you can lead by being positive.
tell your sons you believe in them and if they all work harder they can beat anyone
look at each kid as if he was your child and support them all
step back realize that they are doing their best and on some days it might be and 80 instead of a 95 but if as a team they win the curve is always a 100.
those young men are learning each day that the members of their team and coaches are the only ones who know of the bumps bruises blood sweat and tears that are shed to get to this point in the season

good luck

Watch this on you tube.. Just click on it..
http://youtu.be/z0FUnmDWT-o

Back