Div1 Dis14

Hill County

11-man fan
Abbott 2-2 offense is come on. Defense let down this week against Blum. It was 30-8 in first.
Aquilla 3-1 good team not sure if they have it yet. If they don't get 45' d by Milford then I will believe.
Coolidge 2-2 might be the sleeper all district games at home
Golson 1-3 different district than last year
Penelope 4-0 have not played anyone yet. See when they get to district.

Hill County":hy8lc6ts said:
Abbott 2-2 offense is come on. Defense let down this week against Blum. It was 30-8 in first.
Aquilla 3-1 good team not sure if they have it yet. If they don't get 45' d by Milford then I will believe.
Coolidge 2-2 might be the sleeper all district games at home
Golson 1-3 different district than last year
Penelope 4-0 have not played anyone yet. See when they get to district.
I guess the injuries at Mt. Calm don't matter, Penelope may be good, but at this stage of the game you have to figure in the injuries, still playing subs, etc. Talk your talk at the end of District play.......

I said we will see how Penelope plays when they get to district! You need to not be so defensive about aquilla. I am not sure that they are that good yet. They have not played anybody but Avalon and they lost!

The people in Penelope have to be walking on cloud 9 right now. After going 0-9, 0-10, 1-8, 1-8 the last four years this years team is an improvement if they don't win another game. I think they probably win more games. I think somebody said they haven't played anybody. Well, yeah no top 10 teams, two of them are 0-3, one is 2-2, the other is Mt. Calm. Maybe MC is down at the moment from injuries and graduations last year but several players were part of 10 win teams the last two years, they still know how to block and tackle. They may not have taken the Wolverines seriously based on their record the last few years and who they've played.
The thing that impresses me is they dominated every opponent thus far by 45'ing them. Nobodies or not.
They obviously 45'd no one the last two years, probably not the last four or more.
That is no small accomplishment IMHO.
It makes me think they at least know how to score by now whether they are able to continue to do so or not.
They shut out two of their opponents and gave up a total of 37 to the other two, I.E giving up One TD a game.
They seem to have at least a basic concept of Defense.
I hope I've not jinxed them with this post. I figured few would continue to not take them seriously and they deserved a little recognition and respect for what they have done thus far.
While the ride will most surely get a little rockier may they continue to enjoy it.

This district race should shake out in the first 3 week.

Oct. 7 - Abbott at Aqullia
Oct. 14 - Aquilla at Penelope
Oct. 21 - Penelope at Abbott

Back