district 9....2013

Yea kinda like ya started round ball last year early and another thing that dis d
Better b glad 25 from sa is graduating. Cause dey all FEARED HIM
So see how far the teams in this dis get !!!!!!!!!! Lmao

I would guess that venting was brought on by a little alcohol. If so, I understand.
When you realize extending the season is no longer possible and the fact sits in
that your kid has one more game to ever play. That's a tough one.

Yes Rochelle got beat by May, also u probably didn't know that our starting running back and best player blew his knee out this past Monday during practice before the May game. No excuses for the performance that Rochelle gave Friday night against May. May has a good team, as S A dad should know since they beat Santa Anna also. If round ball is in our near future so be it, good luck to all teams in this district in their future games

Week nine we have Zephyr at May and Lometa at Santa Anna. Should be two good games. I am thinking that Santa Anna could have used an earlier bye week. They are starting to get some players dinged a little. Makes it harder to get a win. Zephyr really needs to win against May. I can't see a way they can make the playoffs without this win.

I am a dad of a zephyr senior and we have to learn to tackle first. I graduated from May and they have a good coach I knew when he was best Sidney seen for generations. We will see how it goes zephyr got up hill battle and the players starting to see that. S a dad your team has a lot of heart.

I think someone mentioned this after the first round of district play and it actually happened. The two teams left out of last years three way coin flip are in the playoffs this year. Four different teams in two years make the playoffs from the same district. How often do you see that?

I think that I have posed this question before. First the build up. What are the odds that May and Lometa will meet in the third round? Fair, good, not good at all, really good. If as a coach you expect to see a team again in the playoffs, do you pull out all stops to win the district crown or do you hold some plays back for the playoffs?

The middle of the road answer would be wait and see. If you can win the district without showing all of your cards, then that is how you handle it. If, however, it takes every play in your book to win the game, then you show all of your cards. Winning a district title is important.

I would think you would want to win your district to get an easier first round game....

Just looking at scores...Lingleville beat Evant by 8, Gordon beat Evant by 46 at the half..

If Gordon beats Lingleville for the District title, the loser of May-Lometa would get Gordon, which looks to be a tougher team.

Will be the tougher team I have no doubt. But, looking further, the first place team is likely to catch an undefeated Blum team in the second round. Neither will be able to coast into the third round. In fact I would peg the chances as being between 30% and 40% for both teams making the third round.

congrats to lometa and may on making the playoffs! I have to give it up to SA, those boys left thier hearts out on that field this year, unfortunately the injuries that the players sustained in the last 3 games did them in...even so they didnt give up or hand over anything....very proud of those boys!

Back