district 9....2013

Well is anyone ready to change their predictions? I have to admit the district as a whole is not playing quite as well as I anticipated. There could be several reasons for this including Coaches holding back or slow playing to have surprises ready for district play. The way every game is filmed now days, I wouldn't be surprised if every Coach has all the game films for all of their opponants in the district. It looks as if Santa Anna is rounding into form and is peaking at the right time for them. May has looked really stout all year long. It promises to be an outstanding first game matchup next week. Will that really be the game to decide first and second? Maybe, but probably not. Too many games left in the district with too many varibles added. Still, this looks to be an important game for both schools.

Blue Bird":2g0i07dl said:
Well is anyone ready to change their predictions? I have to admit the district as a whole is not playing quite as well as I anticipated. There could be several reasons for this including Coaches holding back or slow playing to have surprises ready for district play. The way every game is filmed now days, I wouldn't be surprised if every Coach has all the game films for all of their opponants in the district. It looks as if Santa Anna is rounding into form and is peaking at the right time for them. May has looked really stout all year long. It promises to be an outstanding first game matchup next week. Will that really be the game to decide first and second? Maybe, but probably not. Too many games left in the district with too many varibles added. Still, this looks to be an important game for both schools.

I think week 1 of district play will decide 1st place, not sure it will decide 2nd though due to those variables you mentioned.
Unless Santa Anna pulls off the upset, then I could see it deciding 1st and 2nd.

Well its that time of da year in the football world "playoffs" i say that because in this district its pretty win or go home and santa anna was underdogs alot of last year and wouldn't have it any other way this year sooo its gonna be a tough game vs may but i still feel we got enough weapons to win ......good luck mountaineers!!!!!! LETS BRING THAT DISTRICT TITLE HOME !!!!!! ;-)

Here are my preseason picks via Dave Campbell's Magazine
1. Zephyr
2. Santa Anna
3. May
4. Rochelle
5. Lometa

Now to begin week 6 I would pick it
1. May
2. Santa Anna
3. Zephyr
4. Rochelle
5. Lometa

But I think it is all up in the air! This is the most competitive district in six-man top to bottom. I feel good with May at #1 the 2-5 spots is anyones guess! Put their names in a hat and draw. I hope it is settled on the field and not some tie breaker.

May and ....Lometa(?) got the good leg up in the first week of district play. Earlier this season I saw where Eden had put up 30 to 32 points on Rochelle and I thought to myself: Rochelle's defense is a little behind the curve. Looks like it is still a little behind the curve. It better get better in the next two weeks (Santa Anna then May) or Rochelle will just be wishing they could worry about a coin toss!

Havn't seen either Lometa or Zephyr yet this year. I understand both have solid teams. Not even sure where their game will be played, but it promises to be another good game! In fact, every game in this district will be a good one for a fan to watch.

Will Santa Anna pick their first win in district down in bluehornetville? Will Zephyr pick up their first win in district down in maroonhornetville? Santa Anna and Zephyr would be my picks for the wins, but playing on the road could make these games really close.

Another interesting turn of events in the district this week. Rochelle over Santa Anna and Lometa over Zephyr. This district race is going to be exciting!

What in the world is going on in this district race? You can't depend on any previous scores to make predictions on! Every friday night seems to bring out different teams in the same uniform! Congratulations Rochelle, you found some serious D and made it work for you. I have to admit that I am surprised....and impressed. Lometa, congratulations to you too. Where was this team when you played Mullin and Knox City? Wow is the only discriptive word I can use. You have one leg and half a ..... well, you're almost in the drivers seat.

Rochelle played a lot better, they also did not have 5 turnovers like they did against Lometa. Lometa is a good team and they play hard. Anyone that takes them lightly is in for a surprise because they come to play, good luck to all teams the rest of the way.

Back