DII East

51eleven

Six-man expert
Just perusing records of teams and scores it looks like there is the possibility, as mentioned on the broadcast last Friday by Cliff Thornton there might be a rematch of Strawn - Gordon in the quarterfinal as in 2008. Maybe not quite as dramatic but ya never know.
If the Hounds should survive that far or beyond who might they face next?
Most likely Richland Springs. But I wonder. Maybe a RS - Cherokee rematch in the QF also? Yes RS won, by 22, 92 - 70 in district. But who else have they played? FWCC, gave up 112 points, won by 7. Lost their 1st game by 28 to Marble Falls Faith for whatever reason. Won by 30, 32, 34, 48, 49 and lastly one shutout by 48.
Cherokee lost 3 games. Like RS their 1st, to Medina by 32, then Burnit Smokin 4 Jesus by 35. But. The least they've scored all season is 40 (once). They average 64 a game. Last 4 games 92, 70, 87, 54.
Might be a game to see if it should happen.

Cherokee also lost a kid in a scrimmage game who is able to return if he chooses to. If so that adds a dynamic that will be tough to deal with. The kids definitely a good athlete.

I have to wonder if the Greyhounds might not look forward to possibly playing RS after loosing to them so closely in the SF last year. I know the Coaches will keep them focused on one game at a time until then if it should happen. Might the new kids in town look forward to playing their former team mates?

Back