DII District 2 Week 7 Predictions and more...

Godsmightywarrior

11-man fan
I need to practice prognosticating for the upcoming playoffs, so if you would like to play along and suggest a game, I will give it a guess.

As for District 2:

Prediction: WF Notre Dame 64 - Saint Jo 0

Prediction: Granbury NCTA 63 - Dallas Fairhill 0

Prediction: Wichita Christian 48 - Brownwood Victory Life 12

And I predict that the WCS junior high Stars will go to 8-0! I'm not sure of the junior high records of Brownwood Victory Life and Granbury NCTA, but I believe that WF Notre Dame JH is also undefeated. That will make for a great JH football battle at the end of the season!

I'll play. What r ur thoughts on these???

WV n Follett
Crowell n throck
S Anna n Rochelle
Zephyr n Lometa.

Side thought: Have entertained the thought that the district for the last two games above has some magic when it comes to ratings

St Jo is better than they were last year, I don't think ND will shut them out, but they will 45 'em.

Also, we didn't play Granbury NCTA's Jr High (don't know if they don't have a team or if we just couldn't schedule a game), just the HS. Their school is amazing! Gatehouse, welcome center, working farm (complete with buffalo, alpaca, camels... a turtle house. Yes, a turtle house). Playground has 2 3-story slides. Nice $ at that school (thanks to T Boone and the Dallas Cowboys). Players were nice and coach is very good.

Okay Juan Tabo, let's see how far off I will be...

Prediction: Follett 60 - Water Valley 48

Prediction: Throckmorton 86 - Crowell 62

Prediction: Santa Anna 76 - Rochelle 48

Prediction: Zephyr 72 - Lometa 52

Any thoughts?

Terrible week for prognostications! I think the rain had an affect on the scoring, but I went 0-fer out of my district.

Prediction: Granbury NCTA 63 - Dallas Fairhill 0
Actual Score: Granbury NCTA 64 - Dallas Fairhill 14

Prediction: WF Notre Dame 64 - Saint Jo 0
Actual Score: WF Notre Dame 61 - Saint Jo 24
Much closer than I expected!

Prediction: Wichita Christian 48 - Brownwood Victory Life 12
Actual Score: Brownwood Victory Life 24 - Wichita Christian 21
Very close defensive battle.

Prediction: Follett 60 - Water Valley 48
Actual Score: Water Valley 60 - Follett 54
Close on the score, but I didn't pick the winner!

Prediction: Throckmorton 86 - Crowell 62
Actual Score: Crowell 52 - Throckmorton 44
Surprise of the week for me!

Prediction: Santa Anna 76 - Rochelle 48
Actual Score: Rochelle 37 - Santa Anna 27

Prediction: Zephyr 72 - Lometa 52
Actual Score: Lometa 46 - Zephyr 31

I love your picks, you are usually so close and sometimes dead on. Probably should stick to what you know though. I'm just kidding, most people would have missed most of those 4 public games. I only got wv right, missed the other 3.

Thanks Hornkeeper. I'll try again next week. One more prediction that I made was right. The junior high Stars are still undefeated, but I'm trying to verify the score.

I can tell you one thing about the stars JH, they have a mighty classy coach. The score could have been real ugly and he let his younger kids get a lot of playing time. I was getting the Varsity ready so I didn't catch the final score, but it went all game. Class act coach!

Okay, the Stars junior high team beat Brownwood Victory Life 56-33. The Stars were up big in the first half and took a knee to avoid 45-ing them by halftime. They put the younger guys in the game for the second half. Next up, Granbury NCTA. Yes, Coach Scott Brooks is definitely a class act!

Back