PREDICTION: Houston Texas Christian 14 vs Sugarland HCYA Ft Bend 58
ACTUAL SCORE:

PREDICTION: Brenham Christian 64 vs CC Arlington Heights 42
ACTUAL SCORE:

PREDICTION: Bellville Faith - Bye
ACTUAL SCORE:

PREDICTION: Alvin Living Stones 6 vs High Island 52
ACTUAL SCORE:

I went 7-2 on my week 7 predictions with one game still needing to be completed. My score predictions were not so good overall though. District 2 is even more of a question mark now. Who's going to take the title?

DISTRICT 1

PREDICTION: WF Notre Dame 64 vs Lewisville Lakeland 6
ACTUAL SCORE:
I believe this game was cancelled.

PREDICTION: Lubbock Kingdom Prep 52 vs Wichita Christian 24
ACTUAL SCORE: LKP 26 - Wichita Christian 25
Game stopped early in the 2nd qtr due to lightning. The game will be finished in two weeks since both teams were scheduled for a bye. Maybe I should have listened to my HOMER gut telling me to pick the upset. We'll see in two weeks.

DISTRICT 2

PREDICTION: Ft Worth Covenant Classical 54 vs Brownwood Victory Life 62
ACTUAL SCORE: FWCC 63 - BVL 32
FWCC proved me wrong! Still undefeated!

PREDICTION: Longview Trinity 24 vs Heath Fulton 52
ACTUAL SCORE: Longview Trinity 78 - Heath Fulton 44
Longview Trinity still unbeaten!

PREDICTION: North Central Texas Academy 58 vs Richardson Canyon Creek 36
ACTUAL SCORE: NCTA 38 - Canyon Creek 36
Wow! Close game! Canyon Creek is for real.

DISTRICT 3

PREDICTION: San Marcos Hill Country 48 vs Selma River City 38
ACTUAL SCORE: Hill Country 58 - River City 8

PREDICTION: Fredericksburg Heritage 62 vs Seguin Lifegate 44
ACTUAL SCORE: Freddy 40 - Lifegate 20

PREDICTION: SA New Life 16 vs Killeen Memorial 54
ACTUAL SCORE: SA New Life 18 - Killeen Memorial 61
Very close on this one.

DISTRICT 4

PREDICTION: Houston Texas Christian 14 vs Sugarland HCYA Ft Bend 58
ACTUAL SCORE: Houston Texas Christian 19 - Sugarland HCYA Ft Bend 65
Close on this one.

PREDICTION: Brenham Christian 64 vs CC Arlington Heights 42
ACTUAL SCORE: Brenham Christian 54 - CC Arlington Heights 6
Brenham Christian with another big win.

PREDICTION: Bellville Faith - Bye
ACTUAL SCORE:

PREDICTION: Alvin Living Stones 6 vs High Island 52
ACTUAL SCORE: Living Stones 0 - High Island 45
Close on this one.

Don't know why District 2 is a question mark. Going to Heath Fulton and beating them soundly at their place should make Longview Trinity the team to beat!

Longview Trinity is undefeated and beat Heath Fulton, but they still have to play NCTA and Canyon Creek. FWCC is still undefeated too. While beating Heath Fulton was a major step, it's still early.

I agree. I think District 2 looks pretty balanced still. Longview may come out on top, but they've got some games to win first. Can't go handing them the district yet.

Before Longview's victory over Heath I didn't see Longview as much of a threat being that they hadn't played to many great teams. But now I believe this team will go a lot further than I initially expected. Almost having to enforce the mercy rule on a skillful team like Heath Fulton is proof that they are not a force to underestimate. I am confident this team will make it to at least the sate semi-finals come November and December. Am I the only one with these expectations?

Pete Anderson":21e4rl4w said:
Almost having to enforce the mercy rule on a skillful team like Heath Fulton is proof that they are not a force to underestimate. I am confident this team will make it to at least the sate semi-finals come November and December. Am I the only one with these expectations?

I think you're overestimating Heath's skill level. They've only won 2 games and their schedule is not all that difficult.
Not saying it isn't a good place for Longview to start, but they are other teams in District 2.

Lot of good points on this thread. Glad to see people weighing in on TAPPS DIII teams. Since not many people have the ability to see every team play, a lot of us have to go by what we see on paper. From what I saw about Heath on paper, I thought they were the team to beat in District 2. Watching Longview Trinity beat them soundly made me think Trinity was now the team to beat. However, the Heath Fulton of this year is dramatically different than the Fulton teams of the last two years. No disrespect meant to Heath but they were woefully low on numbers and just weren't as fundamentally sound as they've been in the past. I thought Coach Johnson was a tremendous coach and I think his departure hurt them (again , no disrespect to current staff). Looks like all the teams in District 2 (especially Granbury and Canyon Creek) look formidable. Admittedly, I'm a homer and I think Trinity has a shot at having a great season but I guess, as is the case with most of this stuff, we'll find out a lot more as the season goes on. Sure is fun, though!

Excitement is the word for DIII this year. At the beginning of the season, District 1 was supposed to be LKP or Notre Dame, but Wichita Christian is hanging with LKP in their game through just over the first quarter. District 2 is still up for grabs between Longview Trinity, NCTA, Canyon Creek, and FWCC. District 3 turned out how we thought it would. District 4 will most likely see Alvin Living Stones and Brenham Christian fight for the title. It will be interesting to see who gets the wins.

Yes Sir, this Division is very exciting this year. District 2 has amazed me every week. I do have to say, by looking at the schedule for Longview, they have a gauntlet the next three weeks. I have seen Fort Worth Covenant and they have lots of fire power just down in numbers. I was at the Canyon Creek and NCTA game and let me tell you that was a slobberknocker. Canyon Creek will sneak up on some teams these next few weeks and make a run in the post season. I am not going to predict scores, but I think Covenant, Canyon Creek and NCTA in the top three spots. Anything could happen though.

Back