Defense Wins Championships

Happy can score no doubt but they definitely don't play defense...I think that's gonna hurt them against BC...
But in the what if category Milford vs Happy both teams can score at will no denying that but after listening (not watching so don't ask lol) Milford played a great defensive game against a solid RS team, I know Tippie did not play, but as good as Tippie is, Milford has the speed to keep him from dominating a game. So back to it, Milford would beat Happy rather easily. Milford would most likely get a few stops and couple turnovers to the point where Happy is no longer in their game...just an opinion don't go nuts on me lol

I do think Strawn will be a battle to the end. They do have a great defense they are fast, maybe not as fast as Milford but they will be in the places they should be on defense. That's going to be a great game! I give the edge to Milford simply because I think they will wear Strawn down late in 4th...going to be a close game in my humble opinion. Which won't get you a slice of pumpkin pie even at this time of year...good luck to Milford and Strawn they should both win this week. But you gotta play the games never know what might happen in the Friday night lights.

Defense Wins Championships

Not always, 2009 Garden City 122, Strawn 88

Garden City could score on every series, their defensive stance was to stop you once and score on every series. It worked.

MilfordInsider":em48v2aw said:
While Milford's defense isn't statistically the best, when they show up and are motivated to play D they are tough to move the ball on.
I agree ! Milfords offense is number 1 in the state . I'll say there defense is top 5 . I think if milford plays balmorhea that will be one of there easier opponents this whole season

Bhs03":4yslv660 said:
MilfordInsider":4yslv660 said:
While Milford's defense isn't statistically the best, when they show up and are motivated to play D they are tough to move the ball on.
I agree ! Milfords offense is number 1 in the state . I'll say there defense is top 5 . I think if milford plays balmorhea that will be one of there easier opponents this whole season

I disagree completely. I've seen both up close and personal. I'm not sure who would win, but it would be a great game to watch and nothing easy for either team.

Balmorhea-69
Garden City-32

Milford-66
Garden City-61

Sure seems like Balmorhea played a whole lot better defense than Milford against a common opponent.

i have seen both play also and sorry to say milford wins that one by 30 at least. The best game and opponents for division 2 football will be playing next week . Strawn vs milford ! Winner of that wins by 30 plus at state !!! Now I have no clue who will win that one lol

Kline, you may have to get Leman to confirm this, but in the 122-88 state game there were quite a few defensive TD's scored. And early in the game.

51eleven Garden City is still playing football. JB is not the only opponent of Milford's to still be playing.

Just my two cents, but it comes down to Balmorhea and Milford. Battle to the end, but Balmorhea by 16. The legend of Vance Jones continues to grow.

So have I, up until this past game milford had zero defense. After a couple of hits from #8 and #4, smith won’t be wanting to run no more. And I have a hard time believing anyone from milford can catch #9

Those are just a few of Balmorhea’s playmakers. Balmorhea has some unsung heroes on the offensive line that I can guarantee milford doesn’t go through, a great pocket passer, and some fast receivers. Defensively your best shot is the pass but even then you aren’t gonna do much on them. AND they have COACH JONES

Defense plays a role. Absolutely no doubt. But who you shut out makes a difference. Happy played# 6, #4,#10,#7,#8,#8,11,#5,#68. BC, played #13,#10,,#9,#8,#33,#23,#21,#24 and private school 1 with 0 UIL wins. No doubt BC has strong defense.You gotta consider the schedule when you are talking about how many points you allowed.

Let them talk. The Bears know what they have to do. Tippie was what they were getting ready for. I doubt Milford is ready for what's coming at them. We got y'all Richland springs.

All this talk of Milford vs Balmorhea... the Bulldogs might not be hearing trash talk from Strawn, but they better be watching film and getting ready. Strawn is the real deal. They have depth and speed and one heck of a defense. If Taron has no where to juke and run and the receivers are covered when he decides to flick it 60 yards to the back of the end zone, the game changes. This might be an epic game, and I sure hate that I wont be able to see it in person. They better be playing somewhere like Glen Rose, and that still might not be big enough.

Back