Defense points per game

sixmanfan5588

Six-man fan
There could be errors in my findings and someone might want to double check me. Maybe if I have time in the future I will run the numbers again.

With the recent dominance of Happy, Benjamin, and Loraine's defense I got curious how well teams have done in the past this far deep into the playoffs and further. I didn't go one or two rounds deep as there would be a lot of ties and take way too much work for me right now. No team has gone three rounds or further in the playoffs and have allowed 0 touchdowns. Anyhow here are my finidng for defensive points per game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221126-083449_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126-083449_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20221126-083459_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126-083459_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20221126-083810_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126-083810_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20221126-083818_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126-083818_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20221126-083833_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126-083833_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20221126-083843_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126-083843_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20221126-083852_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126-083852_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 47
There could be errors in my findings and someone might want to double check me. Maybe if I have time in the future I will run the numbers again.

With the recent dominance of Happy, Benjamin, and Loraine's defense I got curious how well teams have done in the past this far deep into the playoffs and further. I didn't go one or two rounds deep as there would be a lot of ties and take way too much work for me right now. No team has gone three rounds or further in the playoffs and have allowed 0 touchdowns. Anyhow here are my finidng for defensive points per game.
I like the concept but I don't know that it actually gives an accurate picture because no two teams play the same schedule.

I like the concept but I don't know that it actually gives an accurate picture because no two teams play the same schedule.
I get what you're saying but I was once told by an old coach in order to win a State Championship you have to be great and you have to be lucky.

With that being said if there's any time to look at stats it's definitely during the playoffs as teams don't get to cherry pick their opponents.

Not trying to be rude but by your reasoning let's just forget stats altogether for any division, classification, league, and etc.

I get what you're saying but I was once told by an old coach in order to win a State Championship you have to be great and you have to be lucky.

With that being said if there's any time to look at stats it's definitely during the playoffs as teams don't get to cherry pick their opponents.

Not trying to be rude but by your reasoning let's just forget stats altogether for any division, classification, league, and etc.
I would agree with that coach totally. My point wasn't to be negative to his work but that in sixman stats can be decieving, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Strawn gave up 71 to Milford in the semi's which statistically showed their defense in the playoffs to be fairly weak. Teams that play higher level opponents in the post season can have their numbers skewed. Sometimes allowing 50 can still be good defense.

I would agree with that coach totally. My point wasn't to be negative to his work but that in sixman stats can be decieving, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Strawn gave up 71 to Milford in the semi's which statistically showed their defense in the playoffs to be fairly weak. Teams that play higher level opponents in the post season can have their numbers skewed. Sometimes allowing 50 can still be good defense.
Same can be said on the offensive side of the ball. So I repeat my question and once again not to be rude but do we forget stats altogether?

Same can be said on the offensive side of the ball. So I repeat my question and once again not to be rude but do we forget stats altogether?
I don't think you totally ignore them, no. But don't read too much into them as to disregard opponents' abilities. Raw stats alone will not tell the whole story.

Back