Dave Campbell New Prediction Observation/Question (MI?)

Redraider092

Six-man fan
I find it interesting to observe the mid-season prediction on which teams will now make the championship games and results. Latest (week 8) prediction has Balmorhea over McLean and Union Hill over Leakey with Balmorhea winning in D1. Motley Co over Jayton and Richland Springs over Gordon with Richland Springs winning D2.

Curious to get Milford Insider's input (if he doesn't mind) regarding the injury status of the team and if those players are all back and healthy or is the injury bug still causing problems? I only ask because the publication experts do not have Milford even in the semi-finals and if that's indicative of their knowledge of the team or if they are possibly overlooking Milford based on their record, which could be a mistake.

My Personal Projection's are. If so this will be the most equally matched State Championship Games Since the split in 2006 6-Man Div. I - Richland Springs 78, Rule 58
6-Man Div. II - Vernon Northside 60, Jayton 41

D1
Balmorhea vs Blum
D2
Jayton vs Richland Springs

FYI: Gordon and Strawn could be a fun one to watch this year

Just to be 100% clear, not that anyone said different, but in no way am I challenging anyone's predictions. Computer or personal opinion. I respect everyone's opinion. I think most on here spend a good amount of time studying the game to form their own educated opinion and there's nothing wrong with those opinions. May the best teams always win.

Another question too, " If the State of Texas takes over the school because of poor academic performance, will the school be allowed to participate in extra curric. activities?"

Mexican Englishman":1u299to6 said:
Another question too, " If the State of Texas takes over the school because of poor academic performance, will the school be allowed to participate in extra curric. activities?"
What does that mean ? I kinda understand it but what do you mean by the state took it over ?

Updated observation for this week's rankings:

Ira doesn't play but jumps from 7 to 4.
Milford gets jumped by Ira, Sterling City and Rankin by dropping from 5 to 8 and all they did was win their game by 50.

Understandably White Deer drops after losing relatively big to McLean and McLean jumps to #2. I think this is in line. Just not sure I understand why Milford dropped three spots for winning and Ira jumps the same three spots by not playing.

Just food for thought....

Redraider092":2nz6nykq said:

Milford gets jumped by Ira, Sterling City and Rankin by dropping from 5 to 8 and all they did was win their game by 50.

Understandably White Deer drops after losing relatively big to McLean and McLean jumps to #2. I think this is in line. Just not sure I understand why Milford dropped three spots for winning and Ira jumps the same three spots by not playing.

Honestly I think Milford still has a shot at State, but they’ll get thumped by whoever makes it out of the West. White Deer got thumped by McLean, McLean got beat by Balmoreah. And White Deer thumped Milford. I think the West is a dog fight between Balmoreah, Borden County, and McLean. I think Sterling City being ranked #2 is totally inappropriate. SC belongs at 6 or 7 imo.

Redraider092":3da9bxqe said:

to be clear.. you are discussing the dave campbells rankings.. correct?

pistol":3cein7ng said:
Redraider092":3cein7ng said:

to be clear.. you are discussing the dave campbells rankings.. correct?

Correct, Pistol.

I'm not counting Milford out. If they get fully healthy (I have no idea if this will happen) they will be a force regardless who they play.

All of yall complaining about rankings whether its Granger's or Dave Campbell's need to understand something. Time will tell. I'd like to see anyone else try a formula that is accurate with 6Man having 2 divisions public, private schools, outlaw/independents playing each other, and be accurate with the rankings week by week. Sound like a bunch of soccer Moms/Dads in this thread.

LBK6manFan":327c5iac said:
All of yall complaining about rankings whether its Granger's or Dave Campbell's need to understand something. Time will tell. I'd like to see anyone else try a formula that is accurate with 6Man having 2 divisions public, private schools, outlaw/independents playing each other, and be accurate with the rankings week by week. Sound like a bunch of soccer Moms/Dads in this thread.

Pretty sure nobody is complaining. Just mentioning an observation. What is complaining? Complaining is someone who posts a "complaint" that a game was cancelled due to snow when it actually was never cancelled nor posted that it was cancelled but that someone still went on to complain that it had been cancelled. Now that's complaining.

Back