Darrouzett

wths

Six-man fan
I heard a rumor yesterday that the school in Darrouzett is telling its citizens there in town that they will not have the money to operate next year. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

They had a bond election for that. I know they've been in the red for a couple years now but I don't know how broke is broke?

Would hate to see that, but kind of think this is what the government of Texas has been trying to do for a long time. I bet Darrouzett could make it fine if they did not send money to the state so it could be given to big schools where very little learning is occurring. As they used to say out where I grew up. Me no sabe.

wths":1xzcdheo said:
They had a bond election for that. I know they've been in the red for a couple years now but I don't know how broke is broke?

This is why a superintendent should have a business background (MBA) as well as teaching certificate.
An ISD has to be run as a business or this is the result. For years the ISD's have counted on money from the state to make up differences from the tax base. But that teat has run dry. . .

fajitapete":9hdcxbol said:
wths":9hdcxbol said:

This is why a superintendent should have a business background (MBA) as well as teaching certificate.
An ISD has to be run as a business or this is the result. For years the ISD's have counted on money from the state to make up differences from the tax base. But that teat has run dry. . .

That's the only difference here they were counting on money from the state for the transfers they were receiving from Perryton and Booker but they ended up sending the state more money for the bigger districts down state than they were getting. The interim superintendent I'm told is trying to figure out where all the money has gone but that looks like it could take a while.

Back