d2 State champs game

While you put the same link twice, I suspect they will play at the field Lakeview and Central both currently play at near ASU and Glenn Middle School off of Sherwood. The only other option would be ASU's new field as Grape Creek's and the old Lakeview and Central fields, respectively, are not big enough to host it.

TebowTime15":se8jexyg said:
While you put the same link twice, I suspect they will play at the field Lakeview and Central both currently play at near ASU and Glenn Middle School off of Sherwood. The only other option would be ASU's new field as Grape Creek's and the old Lakeview and Central fields, respectively, are not big enough to host it.

Oop's. This is the one I meant to link. Thanks for noticing.

https://texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1004

eriewarriors216":3e6p4ocx said:
https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/12/18/richland-springs-balmorhea-football-state-final-san-angelo/3958577001/

Any word on video streaming or broadcasts?

I'm wondering about the possibility of streaming myself. All other state championship games including SC-May were televised on FSSW. I don't see them coming down to San Angelo for this one. Maybe the UIL could get FSSW to agree to an exception to their contract on this one as it couldn't be played at ATT on the date specified through no fault of either party.

If not maybe a road trip. I've not been to San Angelo in many years. If it's that last stadium I linked it looks cool, historical, and at 15,000 one should be able to social distance a bit. Plus there's an older, cheaper hotel there I liked and I don't like driving at night any more. It was also the home of one of my hero's, Elmer Kelton, author of The Time It Never Rained and The Man Who Rode Midnight among others.

Since instant replay is used in state championship games they may want to consider if they want to have replay for this one. If so, the logistics of that will need to be worked in and would probably need to have a stadium (Texas Tech) that is already equipped with the equipment needed for that.

Trapperjr":2utrldp9 said:
Is it going to be televised on fssw ? Or is it going to be like the rest of the games and sansaba radio broadcasting
San Saba radio.com will be providing audio only. Skeebo said that FSSW has contracted out the game...........whatever that means........

smokeyjoe53":4dy1ley6 said:
Trapperjr":4dy1ley6 said:
Is it going to be televised on fssw ? Or is it going to be like the rest of the games and sansaba radio broadcasting
San Saba radio.com will be providing audio only. Skeebo said that FSSW has contracted out the game...........whatever that means........

...... Skeebo get's paid by FSSW?

51eleven":2ajsb7hy said:
smokeyjoe53":2ajsb7hy said:
Trapperjr":2ajsb7hy said:

...... Skeebo get's paid by FSSW?
No, it means someone other than FSSW will be providing video. Sansabaradio.com is doing audio stream only no video ............

It saddens me to see RS is picked a 36 point underdog by the experts.....On the bright side I’m sure that there are several fans willing to give me 36 and RS....After all who determined the point spread? I’ll wait...

The game will be broadcast by Fox Southwest. They own first right to all UIL Football Championships.

Craig Way and I will be on the call.

I know this can't happen but I was just thinking that ESPN probably doesn't have anything extremely exciting scheduled for Tuesday night. They could drop down to San Angelo and show the game LIVE and give sixman football some well deserved national attention. It will probably end up being a really interesting game and the background with the two teams/coaches would be interesting to the fans. Plus a whole lot more people could see the game!! (Thanks DISH!) Too bad it won't happen.

granger":2z4843p8 said:
The game will be broadcast by Fox Southwest. They own first right to all UIL Football Championships.

Craig Way and I will be on the call.

Cool. More so if I had access to FSSW. I guess there is no one day special deal sign up available?

Back