d2 State champs game

51eleven":dimb7asr said:
51eleven":dimb7asr said:
Junction might be a good location. In between. Not real big, isolated other than on I-10.

Not big enough. 1565 per Texas Bob's. Kerrville is 5035. A little more room for those that will social distance. Boerne 6698. Or San Antonio.

I think Boerne Champion's stadium could probably get the job done but just barley. Similar to JB with Ft. Stockton, I doubt Jones would agree to Boerne, especially since Richland Springs is closer to Balmorhea than Boerne.

Do you guys even own a map? While San Angelo is certainly not a perfect half-way point it is clearly the best spot for this game. Yes, Sweetwater has hosted the Championship previously but, then again, so has San Angelo. Big Spring? Seriously? Nope, San Angelo is the place and has my vote. Wait, what? I don't have a vote and nobody cares what I think? Aww, crap! That puts me in the same boat with you guys.

WV Backer":1n8y05vk said:
Do you guys even own a map? While San Angelo is certainly not a perfect half-way point it is clearly the best spot for this game. Yes, Sweetwater has hosted the Championship previously but, then again, so has San Angelo. Big Spring? Seriously? Nope, San Angelo is the place and has my vote. Wait, what? I don't have a vote and nobody cares what I think? Aww, crap! That puts me in the same boat with you guys.

To clarify - Big Spring has hosted the 'championship before. It hosted the '93 championship with a very popular Panther Creek team that was returning for a second title

I'm still kind of expecting Shotwell just for capacity and tradition. I know it's a much longer haul for the Bears...maybe Saturday after Christmas?

It will probably be Sweetwater, Big Spring, San Angelo, Midland, or Odessa due to their rural locations and distances from the schools. I give Ft. Stockton (a social distancing gold mine) and Lubbock (play on Tech's field to allow for more people with social distancing guidelines) an outside shot.

I haven't heard anything about tickets yet. I just got word that it's still not 100% finalized but more than likely this is where it will be played. I was also told it will be at the high school.

Back